Toyota Tacoma Discuss the Toyota Tacoma here

Why is there so much hate for the Toyota Tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Default Why is there so much hate for the Toyota Tundra?

I want to know why so many people hate it? Is it just because its a Toyota? We've had our long-term Tundra for around 8 months now and so far its been a great truck. Its delivered every thing it promised and then some. So why all the hate?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Default RE: Why is there so much hate for the Toyota Tundra?

because its from a company full of slants who bombed the **** out of us.

good enough?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 AM

No, i no can't say anything about your comment because i really using a Toyota tundra and i am satisfy its performance.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:34 AM

hey,you asked..lol

Old 10-05-2008, 10:23 PM

I'm not a fan of Toyota thought i don't hate it.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:09 PM

I like the truck, but hate the company.

I know its an old thread, but figured what the hell.

And not to take a page out of MajorSilva's book, but if you want to ask a serious question and have a good debate, type so someone can understand you. I mean really, I can't see who it is and if it wasn't for the fact that I know you have your drivers license I might think you are like five years old.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:32 PM

People are afraid of competition, so they attempt to disparage it with nonsensical comments like the one posted by "Argon" . If he is truly a GM TECH then he of all people should know that not all GM parts are made in the USA. The war was over 60+ yrs ago and the Tundra is made in the US of mostly US made parts.

I have owned chevy,dodge,gmc,ford and for the first time a "foreign" Toyota. Couldn't be moresatisfied. If GMis such a great company with great products, why are they asking the taxpayers to bail them out? Because their stuff doesn't sell!!

"argon" needs to join the 21st century and study history, it was the US OF A that put Japan back on their feet, they took our methods and improved on them, started with marginal vehicles and kept improving them over the years while Detroit sat on their fat wallets and let the world pass them by.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:28 AM

You pounded the erasers for the teacher,didn't ya?

Old 12-04-2008, 05:15 PM

I guess. The Toyota's may be made in America, but I'm sure the profits go right back where the company originated.

GM is able to sell their stuff, notice how they are the number 1 automaker in the world?!?!?!?!?! It was poor decisions made many years ago that led to this present crisis. Trust me, if GM goes under, Toyota will follow.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM

To "Argon: I notice that you chose not to refute any of my points, but instead came back with an immature reply. Sure glad you don't work on any of my vehicles.

Also please note that GM and Toyota combine on some projects. The Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota body structure with a different front sheet metal. The old thinking of "them against us" is long past. It is a world economy whether we like it or not. I would rather have an entirely made in the US vehicle but the US has relegated much of its manufacturing capabilities to other (cheaper) countries.How many electronic mfgrs are still in business in the US? Are all the stereo and electronic components in GM vehicles made in the US? Don't think so ! IF you don't like things made in Japan,China or Korea, go home and throw out everything made there and I bet you won't be watching any TV or calling anyone on your phone ,cell or home.

Quick Reply: Why is there so much hate for the Toyota Tundra?