Toyota Tacoma Discuss the Toyota Tacoma here

Why is there so much hate for the Toyota Tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM

LOL you guys do have to admit that Argon has made some funny comments. I served my time and the past is history for me just so you guys don't think I hate people for things long ago. Back to the original point of why hate the tundra, I don't like it personally because it is way to heavy, mpgs suck, and I can't stand to work on Toyotas. Tundras look weird to me. They have power, but they had to go through so much just to get up to that amout of horsepower. I've outrun and out pulled every tundra I've come across so they have no respect or interest of mine whatsoever. Show me a real Tundra people, there must be a beast of one out there!

Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM
ufo

Originally Posted by Pelicandivebomb
Back to the original point of why hate the tundra, I don't like it personally because it is way to heavy, mpgs suck, and I can't stand to work on Toyotas. Tundras look weird to me. They have power, but they had to go through so much just to get up to that amout of horsepower. I've outrun and out pulled every tundra I've come across so they have no respect or interest of mine whatsoever.
Humm, I'll bet you any money there is very little weight difference and I'll be more than willing to run you in my similarly modified Tundra (minus the "chip") , put yours back to stock and according to the magazines the Tundra will spank your truck while towing. Also why do you complain "they had to go thru so much to get that amount of HP" , how do you think GM's V8 get similar power? Enjoy your new GM dealer and your warranty..the US Goverment which is now run by "new" the white house.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 PM

First let me correct you respectably, Toyota is actually doing the worst of all the big companies. Second, the weight issue is a problem, Toyota in my mind should have kept the earlier body style and put the motor they have in it now. Third is that they come with headers already and it is a 32 valve motor. If Silverados had 32 valve heads to begin with then it would be no matter in talking about it. GM has 100 years of engineering, and my chip only added about 17 hp and about 15lbs of tq. Either way I still have more hp and WAY more tq. Hands down, I know my truck has beat fast cars and driving it WOT scares the heck out of me. I would like to see that race though. See how small your truck looks in the distance of my rear view mirror. Go ahead and put your money on it, I kinda need it right now.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM

In my opinion Toyota ceased to be reliable when they got rid of the 22RE.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 AM

It's not about how much peak power you have, it's about where the power is made and where that torque curve is. That's why a 255 hp 98 z71 beat a 345hp 04 dodge last summer. I was in the passenger seat. I question the frame of the tundra. If you watch some of those ford videos where they put all the trucks against each other, you will see a lot of shortcuts that were made by toyota. And those shortcuts weren't the good kind. Those videos actually made me like chevy even more, even though they were ford videos.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Default Toyota stands alone

I guess by now people are beginning to realize that Toyota has better management ,even though they lost money last year.

Now we all know what GM stands for: G-----------gimme
M-----------more and more and more.

A company that could not do it on its' own, now under the control of the union and the govt. What a wonderful combination!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Not sure Mack - I drive a Tundra and its been very good to me - I am looking at Ford and Chevy for my next truck.

Hope you have a great day!

Bryant
HOME

Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 PM
TruckForum Addict

personally i dont like toyota but i did like the 22r motors they were strong
i dont like toyota frames they look weak and flexible to me that means rust wholes are prone to happen
i would have to agree with the statement about chevy beatin dodge the 5.7 lv8s have alot of power if there taken good care of
ive seen z71s and regular 4x4 package silverados pull way more wieght on trailors then they were sposed to and still not squat and they still run strong to this day
the only thing i will agree with about toyota is that they do have good managment and will actually work with you at dearlerships with warrenties
but there frames are weak parts are expensive and everything has to have special tools to fix or work on good ole chevys can have a back yard mech work on it with less tools then you would for a toyota
plus i never see tundras towing three t300 bobcat skidsteers behind them heck i never see anyone tow anything with them
most people drop 26 inch rims and make it look like crap

Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 AM

well honestly my father bought a 2007 XSP and i think its a piece of crap and so does he. he bought it believing the hype but weve had nothing but problems since we got it home. yeah ill admit the motor is everything they said it was i hate o admit but my chevys 5.7 have nothing on the motor. but this truck gets stuck on wet grass. highway excelent truck. leave the black top. u have a beter chance of getting there walking. id never buy one and dad will have nothing but a chevy from now on.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cubpak89
plus i never see tundras towing three t300 bobcat skidsteers behind them heck i never see anyone tow anything with them
most people drop 26 inch rims and make it look like crap
I tend to disagree. My brother's Tacoma gets the job done pretty well, and he's the kind of guy who's got every toy imaginable to tow (boat, skis, 4wheelers, etc.) The difference I think is the V6 tow package. But to each his own!

Quick Reply: Why is there so much hate for the Toyota Tundra?