Toyota Tundra Discuss the Toyota Tundra here.

Waiting on production date for TRD Pro Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Beginner
Default Waiting on production date for TRD Pro Tundra

We placed the order mid Sept. Factory has it, just waiting on build date. Anyone else ordering or bought a Pro?

Old 12-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Administrator

I have not heard of it?

Any way you could post some pictures or more information?

Old 02-10-2016, 02:45 PM

Probably Tacoma sales. That's the only reason I could find. Toyota's plant is over capacity. Toyota really needs a new truck plant. Speculation is they won't build one for two reasons, keeping a low supply of the Tacoma, Tundra and 4Runner make each the highest resale value in their class. The other is that having lower truck sales and high Prius/other hybrid car sales leaves room for more luxury models with V-8's. CAFE again, don't build what people want, force people to settle for something to make the government happy.

Here's the article Toyota can?t grow 2015 or 2016 Tacoma sales ? here?s why - Torque News

It's like Toyota makes an excellent full-size pickup but hates the fact they make it. I hope you get your truck soon. It doesn't seem there is a problem, but they may be in the middle of a Tacoma cycle.

I'll be honest, not to fault your choice, it's your money and you may buy whatever you want, but I would not be still waiting on a vehicle I ordered 4 months ago, I'd probably be cancelling the order. That's just my personal opinion though. Hope you get your truck soon and show us lots of pics!

Old 02-10-2016, 02:51 PM

Here's another article from the same website. Not a lot of extra info though, but still points to the Tacoma as the likely cause of the delay.
Toyota and GM Make Changes To Build More 2016 Tacomas Colorados Canyons - Torque News

Old 04-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Beginner

The TRD Pro is advertised in the dealer brochures as being build in commemeration of the Tundras that won many off road races. It has all the TRD performance pieces...hydraulic shock system, sway bars, skid plates, 38 gallon gas tank, embossed bed sides, open intake and dual exhaust systems, and 4wd of course. Additional features include custom leather interior, badging and custom paint and front facia. All the details of the Tundra TRD PRO series are available at Toyota.com.