Sponsored by Tire Rack
Click Here

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Default Tires

Little blurb about tires:

BF Goodrich A/T's: 1/5 stars. I have them on my jeep and they are noisy and are at about 50% wear at 12k miles. They look good though. My mother has them on her dually and they will need replacing before the truck hits 20k miles. HORRIBLE sand and snow traction as well.

Goodyear Eagle: 2/5 stars. Had these on my Accord and they only made it to about 30k miles. They were cheap and quiet, but were also very terrible in the snow.

Starfire M+S: 4/5 stars. Great tires- put them on my 98 for plowing and the traction was fantastic. Cheap tires (less than $100 each). Put two of them on my accord for winter traction and they were great. I'm unsure how they wear though.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T: 4.5/5 stars. These are on my current truck and were the original tires. I'm at 34k now and the little nubbys are still on the tires. No doubt that they will hit 50-60k. They look good and aren't terribly expensive ($175 each). I haven't had a chance to see how they are in the snow, which keeps me from 5 stars, but in the mud they pulled a few stuck trucks out back in June

Michelin LTX M+S: 5/5 stars. My dad swears by these tires and puts them on all our vehicles and his work trucks. He states that 60k miles is about average on them and they are quiet with great traction... Of course, you pay for these tires.

I'm still unsure what I'll replace my tires with when it comes time (I'm averaging about 40k miles/year).

In my opinion there are four parts of a car that are the MOST important:

1: Brakes- the only thing between you and the car in front of you
2: Tires- the only thing between you and the road
3: Headlights- The only thing between you and the deer
4: Wiper blades- The only thing between you and the world

Feel free to post up your tire experiences! We've all had em', and we all have our favorites

Old 04-27-2023, 02:36 AM
Beginner
Default https://tireclopedia.wordpress.com/

https://tireclopedia.wordpress.com/