Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevrolet Avalanche Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevrolet-avalanche-forum-12/)
-   -   Looks (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevrolet-avalanche-forum-12/looks-230/)

4x4_guy 04-05-2005 11:57 PM

Looks

Anybody on here like the look of the avalanche at all?

i personally dont like the look
there is no bed space and the bed is like 6 feet up in the air
its just all around ugly

-Jesse-

CBass 04-07-2005 07:30 AM

RE: Looks

Yeah man, You said it. Something for the suburbanites to call a truck and have storage for their kids soccer gear. HD Silverado's is where its at!

BAMBAM 05-06-2005 03:30 PM

I like em,they are unique...Certainly not a replacement for a truck but if I were rich I would have one for sure...

hybrid_malibu 09-13-2005 01:36 AM

I like the look of them. If found that there are two styles, One with all the plastic stuff and one with just the stuff on the bed rails and behind the rear glass. I like the later. Wouldn't mind having a silver one.

RoseCityAV 03-17-2006 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 4x4_guy

the bed is like 6 feet up in the air
its just all around ugly

-Jesse-
Jesse...Although I respect your opinion....I have to disagree with your comment about the bed. My buddy owns a silverado 4 X 4 and his truck sits approx. 2" higher than mine.

CBass comment about, " Something for the suburbanites to call a truck and have storage for their kids soccer gear. HD Silverado's is where its at!" Not all of us need a truck 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Downfalls of the AV for me are, sometimes I just positively, absolutely hate removing those bed panels. Some of the positives are, when the four of us go camping the bed gives me a nice water tight space to store our gear, sitting for all of us comfortably and sometimes we even take five passengers. I have taken six on a 4 hour trip comfortably...If you are honest, thats very hard to do in a silverado.

Don't forget the locking storage areas (saddle bags), what a great option!!!!

Enough rambling on, each to his own right!!

cannonfl 09-20-2006 07:08 PM

Yeah, I love my 2002 Avalanche 4x4. The ride is smooth both on and off rode.

I've hauled 20 sheets of 5/8" 4x8 plywood without a problem. Later, took the wife and four kids out with plenty of room to spare... You can also lower the midgate, leave the panels in place and throw a mattress in the back for an instant camper that sleeps two adults comfortably. It's very versatile.

It has plastic on the sides, but underneath that plastic is sheet metal. I've had shopping carts, car doors, rocks, etc... hit my sides, and never suffered any chips or dents.

I like the Silverado too, just like my Avalanche better! :)

00ShortBoxChevy 02-25-2007 02:56 PM

I love both the old and new Avalanches, preferrably the '07s. I'd get the orange one.[8D]

sophletcher 08-27-2007 09:33 PM

love the '07 avalanche!:)

stephygee 08-31-2007 03:16 PM

Meeee toooo! :D

Cracker 11-02-2007 09:27 PM

I was in line for an '07 Avalanche before I found my truck. $15,000 can make a mans decision for him. For the work I do, jobsite superintendent, the Avalanche would be perfect. I like them enough that I would like to change my lights to Ava' lights just for the look of an Avy.