Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy/GMC Small Trucks Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-gmc-small-trucks-forum-13/)
-   -   Not sure if this belongs here but I would like some input. (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-gmc-small-trucks-forum-13/not-sure-if-belongs-here-but-i-would-like-some-input-14263/)

hockey_playa131 07-24-2010 05:20 AM

Not sure if this belongs here but I would like some input.

Hey guys and girls.

I currently have an '09 Colorado extended cab. I want to make it into something better than what it is.

I am thinking of putting in a 355 small block, flow master exhaust and I want to convert my auto transmission into a manual.

On the inside, I want to get rid of the front bench, put in two bucket seats and take out the two rear seats for a full bench.

Now, my question is. Roughly, how much would this cost me? Would it be possible to complete these modifications in less than a month? And is there any way to permanently disable the TAC and stabilizer? (they are useless and annoying). Also, is it worthwhile to switch it to manual, and if so, what transmission would you suggest to go with the 355?

Thanks guys!

roshanill 12-04-2012 02:47 AM

This coming spring I'll be beginning the process of having my yearling filly inspected, when she sheds out and levels up in front just a tad more (though hopefully doesn't FILL out anymore, breaking 15 hands at 8 months, YIPES...I did the old wives string test and measuring knee to the ground, both results breaking 17, I'm beginning to think I should invest in a pole vault.

ItBeMe 12-04-2012 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by hockey_playa131 (Post 58734)
Hey guys and girls.

I currently have an '09 Colorado extended cab. I want to make it into something better than what it is.

I am thinking of putting in a 355 small block, flow master exhaust and I want to convert my auto transmission into a manual.

On the inside, I want to get rid of the front bench, put in two bucket seats and take out the two rear seats for a full bench.

Now, my question is. Roughly, how much would this cost me? Would it be possible to complete these modifications in less than a month? And is there any way to permanently disable the TAC and stabilizer? (they are useless and annoying). Also, is it worthwhile to switch it to manual, and if so, what transmission would you suggest to go with the 355?

Thanks guys!

Yes this can be done, if you have tons of money. And if you have to ask if this can be done, that is telling me you can not do it, witch means lots more money. In that amount time yes but, a whole lot more money. I just hope you are a super rich kid.:confused:

In2Trux 12-04-2012 06:51 AM

HaHaHa ItBeMe has a point.
Asking an internet social forum for a price. Tells me your not sure about a project like this. Message or call one of the forum sponsors that deal in exhaust and CAI for a more accurate price.
You have seen on TV complete automotive restoration in a week.
Like ItBeMe says. If you throw enough money at it.. it could be done in a day.