Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   07 Rearend explodes!!! damn my luck!! (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/07-rearend-explodes-damn-my-luck-2716/)

BigTexasChevy 03-02-2007 05:53 PM

07 Rearend explodes!!! damn my luck!!

well this is how the day started i was goingdown a road called nationway, a 50 mph road and well i felt a tug......no noise, just a tug, the i heard 5 or 6 REALLY loud bangs, i knew it was the rearend, but it locked up compltely before i could do anything, and sent me sideways, with me thinking i was gonna roll it, but i didnt! Anyways SC_CHEVY_LOVER came and got me, and i had a tow truck come get my truck and take it to the dealership.....the hole in my rear cover was big enough to put a 50 cent piece through, and my drive line broke at the rear yoke....AND my tranny was pouring fluid......!!!!WTF???!!!??? well went to the dealership to pick up a rental car, and the stupid dumbass lady behind the counter says she can not issue me a rental car until she sees that i am not at fault for what happened to my truck....wanna talk about choke someone!! ohh i was pissed. anyways just had to let that out, im extremely dissapointed in my Chevy right now, 4000 miles, and this happened!!?? i dunno, but the lady called and said it was complete drivetrain mechanical failure!!has anyone ever had something like this happen?? i know it is getting fixed under warranty, but this truck has me worrying!

hunt4game29 03-02-2007 06:27 PM

RE: 07 Rearend explodes!!! damn my luck!!

Well it must just be a bad week for all of us. I was planning on putting my tax return in to my truck for some more power. When monday my lovely wifes car broke a valve spring and bent a rod. Well lets just say there goes all my tax return. Well hope all goes good with your trucks Bigtexaschevy and SC_CHEVY_LOVER.Sadly my cai and exhaust and tires are just going to have to wait.[:@]

SC_Chevy_Lover 03-02-2007 08:11 PM

Yep, is truck was a site to see!! I've never scene a bigger hole in rear cover than the one he had. I swear if someone would have been walking, they would have probably sustained massive trauma from flying gears!:D

I have never in my life scene more bad luck happen to a bunch of guys in my life!! Hunt4game29 I'm sorry to hear about your wifes car and you getting screwed out of your tax return. I suppose when it rains, it really does pour.

smoke20 03-03-2007 12:06 AM

BigTexasChevy - dude you have been hanging around SC_CHEVY_LOVER for way to long bro. His bad mojo is coming to you, if I had not been having **** myself (thankfully not truck related (knock on wood)) I would avoid you guys like the plague. What have you guys been doing soo wrong that has caused all this? Anyway, sorry to here about your pile man, I can't believe that gave you that much ****. But stick with it, your truck will survive and soon this will all be nothing but a bad dream. Keep your head up man. By the way (if you ask SC_CHEVY_LOVER he will explain, its a medic thing) do you have any pics of the carnage??

BigTexasChevy 03-03-2007 01:09 AM

no pics, i am going to go up to the dealership and see about snapping a few pics. all i know is this, i am getting my truck back ...and i am not oigng to do any mods that void warranty for a while....my luck, as soon as i do.....well i wont go there....anyways it was a crazy sight!!I thankfully now can laugh it off. But anyways guys i am going to try and get you some pics of some sort anyways.

popo 03-03-2007 05:00 PM

Sounds like you need to appeal to a higher athourity and gfet a new truck all together. Sometimes The manufacturer will buy a vehicle back so they can research what the problem is in case of a recall. that way they won't spend alot of money in recall hell and you can get another new truck.

Remember,
The sqeaky wheel gets the grease, but you get a lot more attention with something louder.

hunt4game29 03-04-2007 05:00 PM

Yeah there was something in the air last week. After i posted friday about my wifes car when i went and picked it up on friday ($1300 but i paid cash and got it for $1100 cash does wonders if you know what i meen) i learned that thursday night my bosses 1972 chevy pickup with only 50,000 miles onit was stolen. So there was somethingin the air.

BigTexasChevy 03-05-2007 01:04 AM

well i dunno i think they might be buying it back, i have to go in and meet with some GM office guy, and my dealerships manager tommorow, so i will tell you what they say. as for the bad carma in the air...i know, there is just so much BS going on right now it is stupid...but i say F!#% it and just keep on truckin!

rodesmg 03-05-2007 07:55 PM

well i hope you can get a new truck. good luck

popo 03-05-2007 10:30 PM

DON"T SETTLE! make them give you a better truck and oil changes ,tires and brakes for life!

chevy1224 03-07-2007 02:02 AM

lol stick it to em.... give em hell troops!

BigTexasChevy 03-07-2007 09:44 PM

well they gave me an offer, an additional warranty full bumper to bumper.....7 years 110, 000 miles is what it all adds up to!!! so im gonna take it, and never worry about my problems again for now, but should osmething else this stupid happen again, im parting ways and going for a new one whether GM likes it or not.

smoke20 03-07-2007 09:57 PM

Sounds like a good offer, but stick to your guns and your plans to hold thm to it. Good luck and nice job.

BigTexasChevy 03-08-2007 05:26 PM

i'll stick to it, and i think things will be ok i have tpo pick it up on Tuesday..so we'll see how it goes, they said i have to sign some paperwork, so im going to go over EVERY single letter of it!

chevy1224 03-12-2007 09:51 PM

never can trust those salesmen..