Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   1995 chevy (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/1995-chevy-2560/)

19chnow 02-10-2007 12:59 AM

1995 chevy

I am thinking about buying a 1995 chevy 1500 with a 5.7 liter v8, 8 foot bed sinlge cab it is in flawless condition except for the fact it has 203,000 miles on it and i dont know how long it will last is this worth buying. Please any advice is greatly appricated. Thanks

~mike~

SC_Chevy_Lover 02-10-2007 05:28 AM

RE: 1995 chevy

The first question is, how much are they asking for it? With a used truck with this amount of miles on it, I would be very cautious. Make sure you check everything, and I mean EVERYTHING out. Another question is, are you going to utilize the truck as a daily driver, or for weekend off roading fun?

I had a 1995 Z-71 and it was a fantastic truck. I sold it when had about 110K miles and it was still running strong. The 350ci is an all around excellent engine, but after 200K they start to have problems, as with most American made V-8's. Remember, this is not a Mazda or Toyota, it's not going to last forever.;)

Just take your time before you make any final decisions. Test drive it look the engine over very well. If you're not mechanically inclined, get a friend that is to look it over. In addition, you can take it to one of your local shops and have one of the experts take a look at.

The most important aspect of buying used vehicles, especially one with this many miles, is to not bite off more than you can chew. What I mean is,everything may appear to be in good working order, but then things start to break down and you put in more money to keep it running than you bought it for. Be very smart and take your time! I wish ya the best of luck!

chevy1224 02-12-2007 09:34 PM

One of my fiends drove a 2001 until he hit 330,000 miles and the motor just quit going about eighty down the highway... replaced it and hasnt repalced anything other than that engine, and went through a transmission... LOTS OF MILES~

MrLM7 02-12-2007 09:40 PM

You get what you pay for. HOWEVER... I would much rather buy a Chevy 350/auto with that many miles on it over a Ford or Dodge. See if the seller has any type of maint. records for it. How much is he asking?

SC_Chevy_Lover 02-14-2007 05:30 AM

I absolutely agree!! Engines have come along way throughout the years, but the 5.7L 350ci in the mid 90's will out last any Ford or Dodge in the same era.

bammbamm5674 02-03-2018 06:22 PM

Supercharged 1995 k1500 shuts down

i have a1995 supercharged k1500 when driving down the road in the summer time it is the worst the truck will stall and after you let it sit for 20 minutes it will start right back up and drive for a few miles then will do it again have changed fuel pump and has a secondary pump it has been changed lines throttle body I have done everything I can think of it acts just like it is vapor locking any suggestions

Dillon Nix 05-04-2019 12:11 AM

Serpentine Belt problems

Hey guys maybe i can help some of you out with a problem, i have a 1995 k1500 350 tbi. Great truck 300+ miles. i recently decided i wanted ac back and i bought the evaporator and heated core, compressor, drier and orfice. after everything was installed the serpentine belt kept coming off on the compressor pulley. So, i replaces the compressor with a new one. then, it still was doing it even after i’ve been through 10 belts. So, i took the Bracket for the ac compressor off and cleaned it, and looked for cracks, replaced idler pulley, and tensioner pulley. The bottom bolt for the compressor bracket had came out somehow and it was throwing the belt out of alignment with the rest of the pulleys, so, check your bracket and you may find your problem. hopefully that helps someone out there because it was a huge pain in the neck troubleshooting this problem

Martyb319 03-14-2023 07:06 AM

Old skool

Ok .I need some info ..I have a 1995 GMC 1500 2wd ..my question is I'm wanting to go in reverse I want to drop old school 454 with a deamon carb and a th400 transmission.does anybody know what I'd have to do to still have a speedo .I plan on still using the electric fuel pump and a regulator.any suggestion other than going Ls ..would be appreciated 👍