Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

2007 Bose System Question

Old 08-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Default 2007 Bose System Question

I need some help regarding the Bose System in the 2007 Silverado.

I bought my truck 4 months ago (4 door supercab). At the time I was looking at the LZ but decided I wanted the Bose System so the salesmen said I had to upgrade to the LTZ. I went out in the lot and tried a truck with the Navigation system and the Bose system.

One listen convinced me to upgrade.

I told the salesmen I wanted the Bose system but not the Navigation system.
The truck I bought supposedly had the Bose system which included the radio with the six CD changer. But after a month my wife and I didn’t think the system sounded as good as the truck we had listened to on the lot.

We took it to the Service Department and told them our Bose stereo just didn’t sound as good as the truck we had listened to.
The next day the Service rep called and told me it didn’t sound like a Bose system because it didn’t have a Bose stereo in it. I knew he was wrong because I still had the window sticker that was on the truck which clearly said “ Bose Stereo Speaker System” on it.
Besides the small speakers in the front clearly had “Bose” written on them.

I took it down and showed it to him.
He told me the sticker was right. I had “the Bose Speaker system” but NOT the Bose stereo to go with it. What I had was a stock radio hooked up to Bose speakers.

I went back to the salesmen and reminded him I wanted the ENTIRE Bose system and was willing to pay for it. We went out and previewed another truck with the Bose system and again this one had the Navigation System.
The Navigation System was a $2200.00 option and the salesmen and I decided the only way to get the Bose stereo to go along with the speakers was to buy the Navigation System. So I went ahead and bought the Navigation System.

They installed it three days ago and I finally decided to figure it out tonight.
The manual stated the Bose stereo has a menu where you can adjust the “Bose Autopilot” settings and if there is no menu then the Navigation system does not have the Bose stereo incorporated into it.
Ours doesn’t have any of those menus.

Has anyone else had this amount of trouble trying to buy a Bose Stereo? All we wanted was an ENTIRE Bose stereo system and after another $2200.00 we still don’t have it.
I can’t see how GM could have made this anymore confusing than they have made it.

We told the salesmen when we bought the truck we wanted the Bose Stereo system and were willing to pay for it. After the first try we didn’t get it so we tried again and we still don’t have the entire Bose Stereo System.
And the sad part is this is so confusing even the dealer doesn’t understand it.

Does anyone know what to ask for to get the entire Bose stereo system?
Are there two versions of the Navigation system?
One with a Bose stereo and one without?

I have looked through the Silverado brochure and searched GM’s and the Bose Website and there is no clear information about this anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated since I am going to have to call the dealer back tomorrow to tell them I still don’t have a Bose stereo in my truck in spite of paying them more money.
If someone knows the story I would appreciate it since even the dealer can’t figure out what GM is doing with their car stereos.

Thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Default RE: 2007 Bose System Question

I dont know about the navigation package or the 07s, but my 03 came with the "Bose" stereo system (which the dealer used as a huge selling point over a similar truck elsewhere that was cheaper). I came to find out when i take the panels off the rear speakers that the only difference between my trucks system and that of a plain jane silverado was the 2 front speakers. THATS IT. 2 Bose speakers! the 2 in the rear are the ****ty paper factory speakers they put in every other vehicle and my cd player is factory (and ****ty) too. I guess my point is I hate car salesmen. lol.