Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Default exhaust

I am looking at the magna flo and gibson dual exhaust systems, anyone have any info to compare them?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Default RE: exhaust

I have Gibson Headers and just put new magnaFlow FreeFlowing Cats on with new OEM O2 Sensors as well. I went with the MagnaFlow FreeFlowing Cats w/Y pipe (new GM O2Sensors a must) and Flowmaster Cat back system as well. I had my local MUF shop built the Cat Back systen - savign about $300.
I have already done much to my 5.3 and pulled 362BHP on the Dyno 2 months ago. My truck is an 00/Z71 w/ 150k on it. Hard to believe, I know. You should take the time to read my post-------
"SO YOU WANT TO GO FAST" on page 2 or 3. It details what I did to get to where I am at now without hurting my motor. I would suggest that you start using DuraLube every 3rd oil change and add the tranny additive even with a full fluid load. I had a compression test 2 months ago and showed almost ZERO compression loss in all 8, so little in fact, they tested it again. If I could tell you one thing; The mighty Mouse (your motor) is one of the strongest motors GM has built. In 1962, the 327 Fuelie smacked the "409," in stock format time and time again (FACT). You only need to let your motor BREATH. The Mighty Mouse is the finest motor short of the 396/L78 - 427/ZL1 - 454/LS6 GM has produced. You can get 400 bhp out of your motor if you do what I did and add a SLP or Edelbrock LSI cam. I have the Edelbrock Lingenfeller 202 Heads on but am waiting to put a Cam in after I have my bottom end stroked (no sense pushing it now) to a 345-351ci. If you want to save some cash, get the MagnaFlow FreeFlowing Cats w/y-pipe and have your local muffler guy build a 3" system backwards from the new cats with a "Flowmaster," Delta Super 40 2 chamber muffler ($90). You will get serious spool and a Vette snarl..
Call Jim at Flowmaster - he is the man and will get you all part numbers correct for your truck. Then go to REV2RED.COM to get the RIGHT STUFF - NO BS - JUST THE FACTS.
GL
Greek