Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Eibach Lowering kit

Old 04-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Default Eibach Lowering kit

Has anybody used one of the Eibach Lowering Kits? I know many preach that trucks should not be lowered but this one goes only 1.5 inch and I believe will give me better handling. Having done amatuer racing in Japan I tend to drive a little harsher than normal and the body roll of my truck has me a little worried that one day I will go a bit hard and something will give. ANy and all responses would be a great help. Other suggestions not including air ride would be welcome as well. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

There is nothing wrong with changing the stance of your vehicle IF you do it right. Lowering kits got a bad rap from all the dummies who took a torch to their coil springs and heated them till the truck sat where they wanted it to. So what if you lose a filling or two while driving, it looks cool right? WRONG! Do the research and lower it right. BellTech is a company that I have had great luck with. I have personally lowered many trucks and with each one comes little things you have to look out for or be prepared to tackle. What year and type of truck are you lowering? If your only going for a couple inches I would suggest spindles. They will not affect your alignment, you can use the factory shocks, and in my opinion are easier to change out. A flying coil spring can do some damage! So be careful no matter which route you go.