Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

White vs Pearl White; And "Who" Bought warranties

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Beginner
Default White vs Pearl White; And "Who" Bought warranties

a few questions I want to know is if any of you guys have experienced or see where regular white vehicles vs pearl white, one or the other last longer as far as the paint? Looking at a GMC Sierra, I notice they have the Summit White which is the regular white then they have the White Tricoat which appears to be more of a pearl. My wife has an 02 maxima and it appears to be on its original paint job since we bought it used in 04-05 and its been out in the weather too and still looks pretty good. Any other tidbits as far as the 2 you can share please do so.

Also, they have an Onyx black and a black metallic which the onyx i think isnt as shiny as the black metallic. Any info on the differences that you know about please share also.

As far as warranties on a used vehicle, when a vehicle is as is, how many of you guys purchase a warranty? If the vehicle happens to be about 3 yrs old and have about say 38k on it, I guess it would be one of them things to which you just wish to maybe take a chance or just cough up the extra loot to protect it just in case?

Thoughts?

Also, anyone ever went to a dealer and saw a vehicle you liked but it didnt have the leather or size and style wheels you wanted? Then the dealer say they will actually swap out the seats and the wheels lol? I just wonder about the interior and it though having the leather seats after swapping, it won't be as nice as to say the other vehicle that came equipped with the leather. Some features might actually be missing? Thoughts?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:52 PM

When I got my latest truck, I knew I wanted a white one this time. I happened to stop by the dealer and they had a truck that had what I believe was a new color at the time....white diamond. I liked it immediately and decided to get one. The one they had had too many options like the rear entertainment system. I told them what I wanted and they found it 300 miles away. They drove it in and I couldn't be more pleased. I wouldn't want them to do much swapping around of parts. Maybe tires but certainly not seats. I have considered the extended warranties but I don't think they are worth the money. These newer trucks are so much better than they were 30 years ago, I don't worry about it. The standard warranty will pick up the early failures and once they get settled in, I've had good luck with them. Take your time and get what you want. Good luck.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 PM

On the warranty thing...the thing that I would worry about the most if I didn't have one is the electrical system. If you get a warranty that covers that I'd get it if the price is right.

Other than that, I agree with slimjim, these trucks are the real deal anymore.