Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

95 Chevy Silverado won't start but turns over

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Beginner
Default 95 Chevy Silverado won't start but turns over

Ok guys I'm new on here an I got a problem my 95 Chevy won't start but it has spark an fuel pressure but I noticed that it will start when all my lights on the dash come on when I turn the key but won't when the light won't come on I no it's an electrical problem but I'm really stumped what could it be

Old 01-30-2017, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Hmmm.

Electrical problems are always a bugger to me. I would just start underneath the hood and check/ clean your grounds first. Then pull out and inspect/replace your fuses.

If it is something serious, my brain immediately is thinking ignition or ICM issues

Old 02-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Beginner

By not starting I assume you mean it will turn over but will not fire up? If this is the case the most likely problem is a ground wire. There is a body ground from the negative side of the battery to the body. It is normally a #10 AWG that is fastened using a screw on the side of the fender. This is the ground for all the inside accessories. Many time the ground will look good but in reality it is not making a good connection either at the battery terminal or the fender. Check both ends regardless of what they look like especially if it has a side post battery in it. you can also clip a jumper cable from the neg. on the battery to any medal part of the fender. There is a second ground which should be connected from the back of the engine to the body ( fire wall ) normally on the passenger side behind the head. This ground is often left loose if head work is done on the engine. It is important. The only other thing I know of that would cause this type problem is the fussable link wire located on the starter. It is the # 10 AWG that hooks to the same post as the battery cable on the starter. Because it is a fuss it will not burn through the insulating covering of this wire. You simply tug the wire and if it stretches it is burnt into. Replace the fussable link and carry on. Hope this solves your problem.