Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Another Keyless remote question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Question Another Keyless remote question.

Mornin'...I'm new here....and I have a question that I didn't see addressed this way.
I have a 2003 Chev. Silverado 4x4 bouthg it brand new back in 2003...and just a couple days ago the remote wouldn't unlock my door. The lock switch works...but not the unlock. i went to Advance Auto he checked it out (using their "checker" inside the store...he said it works (my remote) and he aimed it at my truck on the lot...and the lights flashed (as it used to do with me when I pressed the remote)...

and I heard the horn blow when he pressed the "unlock" icon. So i proceeded to go to my truck ...pressed the unlock icon, and it wouldn't work....so, back inside I go, he pressed it again and it worked okay for him...just not for me... so I asked him to put a new battery in...he didn't have any...but I did get the # of the battery and went to Auto Zone, bought the battery, had it installed...and it still wouldn't unlock for me.

Do you think the Unlock button is "worn out"? the lock button works fine....Am I looking at having to buy a new remote, or can I try to re-program my remote, and if so...how might this be done?

Thanks.
sherri