Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Bass systems in the back (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/bass-systems-back-3612/)

superddd 07-02-2007 10:33 PM

Bass systems in the back

I'm a sound buff and I always have been. I'm trying to figure out a way to put a sub and amp in the back without losing too much space under the seat. I've got the extended cab and I'm a full time carpenter, so I need all the space in the back for tools and such. I was wondering if anyone has put anything behind the back seat on the wall. I know that Pioneer makes a slimline sub thats only like 2" deep, but I dont' know if that will fit. What are some other options you guys have done or seen or thought about? Thanks.

DUB2420 07-03-2007 09:57 AM

RE: Bass systems in the back

i install car audio for a living .. i ride a 00 silv extended cab same setup as you basicly , no sub will fit on the back wall for the seat is nearly flush , i have a kicker solo baric L7 10 in a custom ported box i built next to the batterey box that houses some of my battereysand was able to squeeze a kicker 1200.1 and a kicker 800.4 on the back wall tho , theres enough space for amps on the back wall but ene slimline subs wont fit because on the enclosure that they require , i have pictures of the setup posted on cardomain.com search for member name polarisracin24 .. i can build you box similar to mine for about $250..

popo 07-03-2007 03:18 PM

I built a box similar to the one they sell on ebay for $250. it is the one that goes under the seat and houses two subs with an amp tray in the middle. but i too needed storage so instead of enclosing the boxes on both sides, I closed in one and left the other open for storage. I will post a pic in a little while for you.

I am no carpenter but for you this should only take an hour or so to build.

DUB2420 07-03-2007 06:23 PM

or you could use fiberglass

superddd 07-03-2007 11:44 PM

I'll look into it. Thanks for the tips....... I'm not great with fiberglass. I haven't measured, but could I fit a 10 under the front center seat? That may be a dumb question, butI haven't looked for myself yet.

popo 07-04-2007 07:56 AM

it's not likely that you'll fit one under that jump seat. the drive shaft hump is in the way. there is some room under the pass seat tho.

DUB2420 07-04-2007 11:14 AM

there isnt enough room under the front because of the seats trac bars and possibly ac and heat vents (pending model of truck).. i was barely able to squeeze the brain for my flip out unde the seat ... only room is under the rear seats on either side

superddd 07-04-2007 08:31 PM

Well that kinda sucks. Thanks again.

superddd 07-04-2007 08:33 PM

Do you guys have a component system in the front doors? If so, how much sound can you get out of them without stuff rattling in the door?

legacy 07-04-2007 09:40 PM

I had my bass turned up about 3/4 of the way playin a beastie boys song and it was decently loud and i heard some rattle on my drivers side door. But i got the basicsystem the truck came with