Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

head lights

Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Default head lights

does anyone know a website where I can order a new light for my truck. The front driverside hazard light (bottom setup of the two) has gotten a little moisture in it and I just want to replace the whole thing or if ya'll have any suggestions on how how to fix it I would appreciate it.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Default RE: head lights

stylinconcepts, ebay, lmc truck

Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 PM

ebay might have them. There is always styln trucks.com or summit.

How do you like you spark plugs. I have been thinking of getting me some. I had then in my jeep and like them but i only had them fora few weeks before i traded for the chev.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 PM

it would be easier just to go to napa and get one....but ebay will most likly have one..they have everything

Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: rjdoolay

ebay might have them. There is always styln trucks.com or summit.

How do you like you spark plugs. I have been thinking of getting me some. I had then in my jeep and like them but i only had them fora few weeks before i traded for the chev.
Those Bosch Platinum +4's are trash for the most part. I've NEVERtalked to a single person who ran them and didn't experience problems immidiately after installing them like missfires while driving, reduced fuel economy, and less power. I would steer clear of them.They are so bad NO ONE in my store at O'reilly Auto parts will sell them to a customer.

/end rant... But yeah, you can order most of the lights at any auto parts store. O'reilly's can get them straight from TYC which is a very reputable light company.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:27 AM

Ebay should have the whole setup of custom front lights for the price the dealership will charge you for one freakin light. I bought a full set for 10.00 more than just one light was going to cost me at a parts store!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 AM

Thanks for all the input...and as for the spark plugs I have never had any problems with them.theyhavent missfiredand I have'nt noticed a decrease in gas milleage...but i also replaced the spark plug wires when I replaced the plugs. do you know ifthe people you talkedto did this or did they just replace the plugs.

So overall I would say I like them. easy install and no problems yet...

Old 05-14-2008, 08:27 AM

If you find a pair of lenses let me know the price. I have my original turnsignal lenses and I will sell them to you for the same price or less depending on shipping costs.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 AM

jcbst is that your tourque management at 25% if so how did you adjust it I don't really change alot of the settings on my programer that much. and as for the lenses the ones I have found online are running around 50 or so but I'm gonna look around a couple of places this weekend and I will get back with you.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:41 AM

I had one of the techs at Diablosport do it. I supposed to be roughly 1/4 of the TQM left, or as they put it "As far as they can go without turning it off". I notced a significant difference in stop-go and merging. But it still shifts smoothly and trouble free (Just don't punch it alot its definatly not as easy on the trans as 40%).

Go onto the forum at Diablosprt.com, GM Gas Forum, and ask Johan to make you a tune. WHat you will need to do is plug the Predator up to you truck, Hit "Save Current Tune", then upload it to your PC, send it to them in an email. Then they send it back, you load it to the Predator, then just "Install Custom Tune" on your truck.

If you do their "Dail In" process on your truck it will definately make a difference in horsepower. Those canned tunes only get you 7 to 10 horsepower, dialing in can get you another 5 or so. Dailing in on a 93 tune, I have seen people get 20 or more out of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: head lights