Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Common Chevy & GMC Issues (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/common-chevy-gmc-issues-9726/)

cubpak89 02-25-2011 09:15 PM

re door handle

Originally Posted by EvansBlue (Post 43724)
Forgot about the broken door handle issues... Occured on one of my dad's company trucks. It was a 99 Suburban.

this happened to my 99 suburban and also the lock is lockin and unlucking when you try to open the door so you got to fight with the darn thing to open it very anoying but comical sometimes

cubpak89 02-25-2011 09:24 PM

1988 chevy exterior door handles both side come loose or break causeing them not to work
also drivers door does latch when closed due to the bolts being missing that hold the door to the cab 1988 scottsdale single cab
1988 fuel gauge dont work at all speedometer quits working odometer and tripometer quits working
head light dimmer switch quits working check under the dash on the steering colum left side there is a rod that connects it to the turn signal switch sometimes they pop off and make your lights flash from high to low or off when drivering reconnect the rod to the plastic whole and it will work good as new it also fixed my turn signals actin wierd ie both rear worked when i used left or right

cubpak89 02-25-2011 09:39 PM

problems ive encountered

99 suburban interior and exterior drivers door handle breaks also locks like to not work eather they lock or they dont when they want
1988 scottsdale 4x4 reg cab headlight dimmer switch pops out of switch under dash causeing lights to do whatever they want alls you should have to do is put it back into the little whole it goes in location under dash left side of steering column it fixed 2 of my problams
turn signals rear both flash when i use the right signal same as left fixed by taking steerin column apart and re tightening the screws that hold the indicator switch down also reconnecting the dimmer switch
88 scottsdale tail gate handle rods come off due to retaining clip breaking
88 scottsdale drivers door has to be slamed realy hard to latch properly due to missing bolts that hold the door to cab or needs shimmed
88 scottsdale gear selector loose on steering column
88 scottsdale 4x4 selcector likes to wait 5-10 minutes before it engages into 4 hi and then back out of 4hi into 4 low
88 scottsdale door handles on both sides extior break or coming loose
fuel gauge doesnt work at all
odometer dont work tripmeter dont work
of all these problems i still have or had with my truck it serves me great ive owned it probably 2 months now and have used it to pull many trucks out of steep ditches with ease and it gets thru the stickiest of mud love my truck will never get rid of her

Gun Smoke 02-28-2011 10:23 PM

This is more on the funny side, I have a 94 and for the life of me I can’t remember ever having any panel lights for the radio or air, went to the junk yard with a neighbor he showed me how to remove the bulbs now I got lights.

I always had low water temp 155 deg, low oil pressure 28- 30 lbs, battery 13v the gauge bounced around with the turn signal on, for years I put up with it thought it was norm.
I put on a pillar pod with auto meters C2 gauges for oil water and volt. OMG WOW
Water oil volts are good. The blue lights is something to get use to

Dollarsense220 03-08-2011 01:42 PM

Gas tanks

Why hasn't someone come up with a better grade of metal fuel tanks.
After about 10-12 years they start to rust and you know what happens then.
Goodbye truck!!! Why does the factory always use less than quality and long lasting parts. The expense can't be much more for the best parts.
:confused:

boat-trash88 03-17-2011 02:15 AM

Engine noise

Okay i've heard Of the piston slap and lifter noise on General motors. But i want to know What may be my problem. I have a 06 Chevy vortec max with 69k miles and when at idle in park or neutral i have a tapping noise but when i puf it in gear it goes away alot but you can still hear it lightly also while under a load or normal driving it goes away. But also while in park if i rev up to about 1700rpm it goes away completely. Plz someone help me out to resolve this problem im having . Thank-you and god bless

GM Customer Service 03-17-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by boat-trash88 (Post 65478)
Okay i've heard Of the piston slap and lifter noise on General motors. But i want to know What may be my problem. I have a 06 Chevy vortec max with 69k miles and when at idle in park or neutral i have a tapping noise but when i puf it in gear it goes away alot but you can still hear it lightly also while under a load or normal driving it goes away. But also while in park if i rev up to about 1700rpm it goes away completely. Plz someone help me out to resolve this problem im having . Thank-you and god bless

I’m sorry to hear about what’s going on with your Silverado. Have you thought about discussing this concern with a dealer? Please keep me updated!
Laura
GM Customer Service

6.0gmt800 03-25-2011 10:35 PM

Another common one is on the 1999-2006 chevy/gmc trucks with power seats, the seats start moving 1/4 inch or so back and forth, call it slop, play, looseness, at any rate it is an annoying movement when you hit the brakes and gas. There is however, finally, a guy on ebay selling kits to fix them for $15, I put one in about a week ago that worked. Much better than the $1,100 the dealer quoted me.

He lists them as: GM/Chevy Power Seat Unwanted Movement/Play Repair Kit

azjetfighter 04-27-2011 02:47 AM

Definitely inner door handle problems on my 98 GMC. I've replaced two driver's side handles and 1 passengers side because of the cheap metal. And I agree with the posts about the 4L60E. Mine shifts so hard from first to second it throws you back in the seat and snaps ur neck back pretty good. And every 94-98 Chevy/GMC I've come across runs cooler than it should, about 175-180 intstead of 190-200.

cubpak89 05-22-2011 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dollarsense220 (Post 65143)
Why hasn't someone come up with a better grade of metal fuel tanks.
After about 10-12 years they start to rust and you know what happens then.
Goodbye truck!!! Why does the factory always use less than quality and long lasting parts. The expense can't be much more for the best parts.
:confused:

well i think they go with cheaper crap to save thereselves money and on our end have to pay out the a** to have it fixed or to get the part
i ahd to pay 350 dollars for a new tank for my car about a year ago and it is an 05
i was truley upset