Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Crazy heat/ac 2003 LT Auto Climate (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/crazy-heat-ac-2003-lt-auto-climate-5579/)

24wick 12-23-2007 01:54 AM

Crazy heat/ac 2003 LT Auto Climate

Argon...I just joined this forum and note you seem extremely knowledgable.... Does my truck have 4 actuators for the heat/ac? I seem to be able to find the driver's side (above the hump); passenger side (inaccessible higher up in the dash, center); and the mode actuator (upper centerdriver's side, near my right knee) but I can't find the recirc. door actuator. Do you know where it is, and is it reasonably accessible? Thanks, 24 wick.

Argon 12-23-2007 12:43 PM

RE: Crazy heat/ac 2003 LT Auto Climate

**** no..its up high in the right corner...right of the upper temp actuator...but they rarely give a problem

24wick 12-23-2007 01:37 PM

Thanks for such a prompt response. If I replace the temp. sensor and/or aspirator fan in the headliner myself, will I still need the dealer to program the replaced parts?

thanks, 24 wick

Argon 12-23-2007 07:36 PM

no..the only thing programmable is the head...

24wick 12-23-2007 08:35 PM

thanks again argon. I'm going to replace the aspirator fan & sensor unit in the headliner & see what happens.

24wick

Argon 12-24-2007 06:25 AM

whats it doing,going to full heat?

24wick 12-25-2007 01:14 AM

Here's the history: Bought the truck used, mid summer when temp was 100+ and a/c worked fine (still does). I don't remember checking the heater. In any event, I heard the headliner fan noise, so to quiet it I pulled thewiring connectorsocket for that circuit in the fuse block (I had no idea aspirator fanwas related to the heater). Then I discovered no heat (and/or low heat, inconsistent, both sides). I plugged the wiring socket back into the fuse box, then pulled the grill cover from the headliner, and in so doing, detached the aspirator, to where it is now loose, floating about in the headliner; but, I can still hear it. I thought by unhooking and reattached that harness, maybe I screwed up the module. At this point, I have no idea if anything I did caused the heater problem at all, or if it was broken when I bought the truck. I figured I would start with the first problem first.. noisy aspirator sensor fan. Afterwards, I might try replacing the one actuator I can actually access.. the one right above the hump. The thermostat was replaced; the cooling system flushed; and I was told the core flow seemed good when tested with garden hose pressure during the flush.

Any ideas?

Argon 12-26-2007 06:07 AM

so poor heat is the problem?..or no heat?...if its ice cold,i'd get it checked for codes