Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Default RE: cruise control

Thanks! for the info.

If I read it right here how it goes.

Sever the connector on the NEW switch, and mark the wires accordingly.

Locate and sever the correct 3 small wires on the back of the 52 pin Terminal block. Attach the wires from the NEW switch to these 3 severed wires, no need to leave them in the 52 pin connector. Located the PINK wire on the 52 pin terminal and DO NOT cut, just splice the wire from the NEW switch to it.

Correct??

Thanks!!

Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 PM

First you check and make sure there isn't a crusie control pigtail growing out of the 52 pin block to plug the new CC stem wire plug into without splicing. There probably is not a CC pigtail. Then you sever the the connector plug off the new stem and extend and mark the wires. The info that you can clip the wires off the block and connect direct to your new wires was given to me AFTER I did the job. I spliced the 3 wires while still connected to the block. When I talked to Mike Fox at the cruise control store, he THEN told me keeping the 3 wires connected to the block wasn't necessary. I told him I sure wish the hell I had known that as it would have made things a lot easier. I would do one of two things:

1. leave a half inch of wire attached to the block when you make the cuts IN CASE you have to reconnect, tape them off.

2. Call Mike Fox and have him confirm what he told me. It's a toll free call. See my previous posts.

Let me know how your install works out.

Regards,
Randy, Las Vegas

Old 09-13-2006, 02:41 PM

One more thing Stash:

You have downloaded the instructions with pictures, RIGHT?

Randy, Las Vegas

Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 AM

Thanks again for your info!!

I hope my 07 Silver V8 does have a plug in for the Cruise :-)

I wonder how the factory does it when someone orders cruise? I sure they don't solder or splice the wires?--It would seem logical that a connector is already there.

I'll probably install it this weekend, and let you and all know of my outcome.

Thanks stash

PS--The CC cruise I was sent appears to be an OEM GM part 12450067-----

Old 09-14-2006, 09:23 PM

Ok--1st problem--I've been a mopar man for over 30 years, so bear with me.

How do you get the dash off??---I see it is just clipped on, I unclipped it, most of it, dropped the tilt down, and put the shifter down, still the dash is caught on the steering wheel column center area. I only have 350 miles on it and I dont want to force or scratch it.
Any comments??

thanks Stash

Old 09-15-2006, 11:40 PM

OK Stash:
I'm in Norfolk, VA to pin Anchors on my newly minted CPO Son in the Navy, a proud day for our family, so I'm not checking email every day. As you say, you tilt the wheel fully down. You then turn the key to the run position so you can move the gear shifter to the lowest position. When you pull the dash bezel off, it meets resistance because of the tunnel shaped portion towards the speedometer, etc. It doesn't just slide off, but if you "message" it slowly, it compresses a bit and you lift it Up AND OFF. Progress slowly and it will work without damage. Go slow.

Regards,
Randy, Las Vegas

Old 09-16-2006, 10:45 AM

Congrats to you and your son!!.

Thanks for the info again. I am painting my kitchen cupboards with oil paint, and oil paint need to dry overnight between coats. I'll do the cruise between coats and let you know how it worked out----

Stash

Old 09-16-2006, 04:50 PM

I'm stuck

I got the dash, knee panel, the upper and lower steering shroud. I cannot remove the tilt wheel **** to fully remove the lower shroud, Does it just pull off?--I do not want to force it.

Thanks Stash

Old 09-16-2006, 09:19 PM

Behold!!--I now have cruise control!!.

I have been around this earth for some 48 years, and in my experience I learned if it does not come off easily, there's a reason, hidden screw, common sense, etc.. I learned not to force things. That's why I needed to know how to remove the Tilt wheel ****. I took a chance this time, and yanked it out hard. That worked. Took about 3 hours or so. Breaks in between. Thanks to Randy and his added info, the install went fairly well. I took my time as my Silverado is a 07 V8 4.3 and only has 375 miles on it. So Now you know that you can have CC on a Silverado V8 for about 135.00 plus shipping.

Any question please feele free to ask---I am a pro now :-) Ha, Ha !

Thanks to Randy and all who commented/helped--

Stash

PS----I did a test ride to check the CC before I finished installing the knee panel and dash

Old 09-17-2006, 11:32 AM

Well Stash:
Sounds like things went OK. Yes, I had the same problem with the tilt ****, couldn't figure out how it was held. Finally decided it must pull off. It comes off that way, but it doesn't come off easy, you have to PULL! That's something I should have mentioned, just forgot. Now the full instructions are here on this forum for the next poor Chump who has to go through this. I'm sure you agree this is the way to do a clean install on a V8 Silverado.

Regards,
Randy, Las Vegas

Quick Reply: cruise control