Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Driver seat too high (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/driver-seat-too-high-11753/)

dirtrdr 10-14-2009 10:31 PM

Driver seat too high

Has anyone attempted to modify the driver seat height? I recently bought a 2009 silverado regular cab without power seats. I'm tired of my head rubbing the roof so I'm going to attempt to lower it. Wondered if anyone had same problem.

duckhunt 10-18-2009 09:47 PM

Id be interested to see if anyone has experience with this as well. I am 6ft5inches and would love it if I could sit lower.

bfg112 10-19-2009 11:55 AM

I'm 6'4" and have no problem in 2001. I can even wear my cowboy hat with some room to spare. Are the seats in the new trucks just that much higher? That would be very disappointing as I will be in the market for a newer truck sometime in the next couple years.

dirtrdr 10-20-2009 07:59 AM

Chevy redesigned the cab for 2007. The windshield is at more of an angle and the roof is lower. Also, the regular cabs have this thing that juts down from the roof at the back of the cab, so if you put the seat all the way back it's right over your head.

bfg112 10-20-2009 08:36 AM

That's no good. What are tall people supposed to drive these days? I don't fit comfortably in anything other than my truck!

RUFFNECK4LYFE 10-20-2009 06:54 PM

Yeah no kidding! We gotta pay extra for bigger clothes, now this? Lol

shooter313 10-30-2009 01:42 PM

ALL us short folk feel for you big guys...really!..No, we really do!! :rolleyes:
Just kidding, I am sure you know that. Being fat AND short many things in this world dont fit me either.:D
I have noticed that problem with some of my customers. A power seat "may" fix the problem for you, it seems to do the job for some of them anyway. I would go to a dealer and see if it helps, if so you may want to shop for a fresh wreck and pluck out a power seat for your new truck. Usually you lose head room with a power seat in cars, but for some unknown reason they seem to go lower than standard seats in pickups. Worth stopping by a dealer to check anyway. Anytime you have a good reason to go sit in a new truck is a good day.:)
However I have found I have to put most of my really tall buyers into extended cabs or crew cab trucks so they can tilt the seat back rearward to fit well. At least they have LONG ARMS to reach the steering wheel when they do it..unlike us short fat guys with short arms too. We just have to steer with our finger tips.:D
I wish you luck.

chrt396 11-01-2009 07:53 AM

I guess I should feel good now that I'm just "NoRmAl!" :eek:

aja72 11-02-2009 04:42 AM

I am 6'3'' & i don't like to drive any other truck rather than my truck because i feel very uncomfortable but that is good idea which you have been suggested..;)