Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   exhaust suggestions? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/exhaust-suggestions-3729/)

bjgabbard 07-13-2007 02:21 PM

exhaust suggestions?

Ok,...I have a 2004 Chevy silverado 1500. i want to put a flowmaster exhaust system on it. i want it to sound smooth and mellow but also so it will be heard. any ideas on what exhuast i should put on?

72charger 07-13-2007 03:06 PM

RE: exhaust suggestions?

I have the 40 Series and it's pretty loud the way I have it set up. If you just want it to have a nice rumble go with the 30 series.

bjgabbard 07-13-2007 03:24 PM

Ok, Thank you. I have looked at the 30 and the 40 series on the website. I also heard the sound clips and i like the sound of the 30s better. Would it be possible to use one muffler to have duals straight out the back? (as you can tell i dont know much about this topic)

stopspazinout 07-13-2007 03:46 PM

i suggest a flow 50 single in dual outlet to get the sound your talkin about, i had that on my last chevy. its noticable at idle but not too loud and enough to be heard when driving.

smoke20 07-13-2007 05:49 PM

I would go 40 series or 40d series. It will sound good with any aftermarket big name. Just make sure you do single in dual out. I did dual in dual out and killed my lowend (not enough back pressure). I am trying to build it back in now. A cutome job with flowmasters from a local shop will save money and get what you want.

72charger 07-13-2007 06:45 PM

If you like the 30 series then go with that. That is what MANY people around here have and it isn't real loud. They sell two different muffler styles. One is a single inlet/ single outlet design for running two mufflers or the single inlet/ dual outlet for running duals. It isn't true duals but that's what I have on my Camaro and my Sierra and it sounds great like that. I think the way you are talking you will be annoyed by the 40 Series Flowmaster cause it is loud while you cruise down the road. Every red light and stop sign I leave from it sounds like I am running a pro-stock car up to the staging lanes LOL!:D Ofcourse mine is setup a little weird and they said it would be louder the way I have it compared to regular duals.

bjgabbard 07-13-2007 09:27 PM

ha ha yeah i definatly dont want it to sound like im draggin a pro stock...so.....series 30 single in dual out right? a local shop should be able to do that for a fairly cheap price right?

72charger 07-13-2007 09:40 PM

Yep! Around here $250-$300 is a pretty average price for a muffler and duals. It is much cheaper if you don't want chrome or stainless steel tips but not many people are gonna want to go without the tips.

bjgabbard 07-13-2007 09:46 PM

dag gone...where the heck do you live?...man thats expensive..i just talked to my friend that his dad owns a muffler shop and i had him price what i wanted and he said it would be about 125 fully installed!!

Derekm162 07-13-2007 09:50 PM

what should you get if you wanted like a real loud sound that really growls and barley passes inspection