Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   flowmaster vs gibson (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/flowmaster-vs-gibson-3492/)

silverfish 06-20-2007 02:02 AM

flowmaster vs gibson

I'm new to the forum and just wanted some opinions about exhausts and a few other issues.
Irecentlybought a 2002Z715.3 extented cab w/48000mi and would like to put an exhaust on it. It seems as though the Flowmasters are the most popular, but have also been looking at the Gibsonsystems does anyone have feedback aboutGibson?
I am also looking at throttle body spacers, are there any mods or adjustmentsinvolved with this add on.
Upon inspection of the under side I noticed an 1/8th inch of space between the hex and the bushingwere the torsion bar adjustments are made. Is this normal?

stopspazinout 06-20-2007 10:00 AM

RE: flowmaster vs gibson

gibson might be slightly better but you just cant beat that flowmaster sound nothing quite matches it.

smoke20 06-20-2007 04:24 PM

performance wise there is very little difference. But the flowmasters are alot less expensive. With the spacers there is not much adjustment needed, unless you don't have electric fans, then there becomes a clearance issue with the intake on some trucks. Nothing a little trimming on the intake won't fix.

chevyrules 06-20-2007 07:23 PM

My wife has an '02 Avalanche with the 5.3L in it, and it came with the Gibson Catback system when she bought it, and i think it sounds awesome. Not too loud but a deep throaty sound when you get on it. I'd give anything to have it on my '03 Silverado, but my exhaust is fine, has only 63,000 miles on my truck.

silverfish 06-21-2007 01:35 AM

thanks for the info

luke 06-30-2007 11:02 PM

100% gibson all the way ive got the super truck dual side and i absolutely love it, has a mean growl and look great

topknotch06 07-01-2007 05:01 AM

i have dual flowmasters on mine and sounds way better then a gibson exhaust- which i have on my other truck- Flowmastershave a more deeper sound.

stopspazinout 07-01-2007 04:09 PM

the one and only flowmaster sound that is

bjgabbard 07-18-2007 05:55 PM

i have compared both and i am putting the flowmaster 50 series duals on this friday morning...everything that i have read and every truck that i have heard showed me that flows are the only way to go.

72charger 07-18-2007 11:19 PM

bjgabbard you should splurge and get the Super 40 atleast man. As long as you aren't getting on it all the time it won't be too loud and it just sounds great loping at a red light in traffic!