Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Guess What The Gasket's For & Win A Prize!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:27 AM

I took a second look at mine yesterday. I think you're correct that it's a return air for the re-circulate. For kicks, I stuck a piece of paper to block it & it got sucked up tight when I went to Re-circ. I wonder how all the leaves & junk got on the back side? Must be a lot of trash in the duct work over the years!

I like the Frebreeze idea! Genius. I think I'll spray mine with Eau-De-Fried Chicken.
Thanks for the info
Paul

Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Default win a prize

Well I do appreciate the dinner offer. However, I live in the Flint area and I prefer Flint Style Coney's w/ a Vernors. I little less messy than Detroit Style.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 AM

I heard a rumor that, in Flint, you're allowed to put ketchup on Coneys. Say it ain't so!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Hey don't be trying to steal my dinner offer tasutt2009! And yes I take ketchup on my Coneys. I assume a Coneys is a Hot Dog - thats what us ignorant southerners call them and we put mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, sauercraut (? spelling), chili, onions, hell I just saw a Sonic commercial and they put a big ole pickle spear in theirs.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Default Detroit Coney

Mr Shamrock-
The Southern hot dog sounds pretty darn good! (Except for maybe the mayo. But, I won't know 'till I try it.)

I'm all in for the pickle & sourkr saurkra sourcro (I give up) S'Kraut.
Gotta love pickles & 'kraut! Breakfast of Champions!

Speaking of 'kraut, your Febreeze idea for the filter is sounding better & better!

A Detroit style Coney Dog is a natural casing, all beef hot dog on a white bread bun covered generously with extra greasy all meat loose burger style chili. Next comes a bunch of diced white & yellow onions. Finally, depending where you eat, one or two fat daddy stripes of yellow mustard.

Neighborhood Mom & Pops have the best ones- West Side around U of D & Highland Park mostly. Cheaper prices than the 'tourist' ones, too.

One Rule: No Ketchup Allowed. No Way No How.

Mr. Tassutt2009-
What's a Flint Coney like? Never tried one. A guy I sometimes work with (From Fenton, I think) says yours taste way better than ours & are healthier, too. (Heathy hot dog? Who'd a thunk it?) Where's a good place to get one? (But they gotta have Vernors or it just won't seem right.)

Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 PM
TruckForum Addict

all yall talkin bout hot dogs gots me hungrey for some chilli dogs