Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Heater was blowing out driver side when in cool. (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/heater-blowing-out-driver-side-when-cool-3661/)

hunt4game29 07-07-2007 03:27 PM

Heater was blowing out driver side when in cool.

Okay guys before i left last sunday for Michigan i was going to remove the pads and do the throttle body bypass. So i did both and disconnected to battery. Then after all was done i drove to do stuff before i left and the drive side ac blow hot air and passanger side blow cold. So i undid the throttle body bypass and disconnected the battery. Put all back togather and then i tried it again and it was still the same then i looked under the hood and everything looked good. Started it again and it went to defrost while it was on the vent setting and then i turned the fan off and back on and then it worked just fine. And now i have 30+hours and it did not mess up at all. If this makes since at all. Now i dont want to try the throttle body bypass again. what do you think?

cory767 07-07-2007 04:07 PM

RE: Heater was blowing out driver side when in cool.

i've had that happen and i have never touched anything to do with my heat or my AC, sometimes i turn my truck on and i got absolutely no heat, and then sometimes i'll have only heat and no AC, and sometimes my defrost won't go on it'll jsut blow out the vents no matter what setting it is on

smoke20 07-07-2007 05:56 PM

This has nothing to do with the throttle body bypass, just a coincidence. There was a recent post exactly like this about a week ago, but I don't remember the fix, just look at the old posts. I believe it was a connector shorting out on the blower or something.

Argon 07-07-2007 06:12 PM

no..it was the battery being disconnected..the left side a/c temp actuator "lost" its position...if she straightened out,your good to go

hunt4game29 07-08-2007 10:17 AM

Okay i was kinda thinking it was something to do with the battery. Now sould we disconnect the battery to reset the computer after doing upgrades and such or leave the battery alone. Also im guessing if it does it again do i just keep on reseting the battery until it fixes it self. And what causes this to do it should i have made sure the ac and all was off? Thanks

Argon 07-08-2007 06:10 PM

it'll do it regardless...

try cycling it from heat to cold a few times...if it still does not work,try the battery again....if it just won't go back to cold,it will take an actuator re-learn with a scanner....or maybe even a new actuator

hunt4game29 07-08-2007 06:15 PM

Well its working right for now. So why does it do this when you disconnect the battery is this a new thing witht the 05s because my 2000 never did this. So sould i never disconnect the battery until it goes dead. How would i work on things when i need to disconnect the battery. Or will the dealer fix it if it happens? Thanks argon

Argon 07-08-2007 06:17 PM

it'd be warranty if in 3/36..

they make memory keepers (or you can make 1)..that takes a 9v battery and plugs into the lighter socket and the truck retains memory

hunt4game29 07-08-2007 06:23 PM

Okay so if i get upgraded stuff for the truck should i not disconnect the battery?

Argon 07-08-2007 07:32 PM

Its always a risk..the a/c actuators and the idle memories are what goes to ****..
I quit the memory keeper...1 use pretty much sucks dry a 9v battery...Kinda hard to pay for several batteries a day