Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   hummer truck (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/hummer-truck-8136/)

jcormier89 10-07-2008 12:32 PM

RE: hummer truck

i still like the h1 above all others but i do like the h3t its looks pretty cool. i see what your sayin about it though

karl 10-08-2008 12:15 AM

For me, H3 is very cool. I haven't heard any bad words about it yet.

jcbst12 10-08-2008 07:47 AM

Yeah, those chassis and drivetrains are pretty rock solid man. GM needed to do that to keep up with the imports. My cousin has a Canyon and loves it. Other than the size of the cab (I am biased because I need lots of room) I like it too. I think a H3T with a 5 speed would be sweet. I went on the website and built one. All black, 5 speed, cab lights, red/black trim seats, push bar, etc.... for around 34K. HOWEVER, for the same price you could have a decked out Vortec MAX Sierra or Silverado now that GM has that 5K cash back deal.

6mins2live 10-08-2008 02:28 PM

Man you guys kill me. I love GM but Hummers are so overrated. The H1 and H2 and H2 SUT are great looking but as far as ability goes they really suck to be frank. H3s are very under powered and have super small interiors. I just dont get it. They are definately designed for the street and not off road.

Sorry for my mini rant. I am really not that much of a hater I have just had some experiences and known people that leave me less than impressed with the hummers.

gpet6669 10-09-2008 10:50 AM

Yes, I agree with all of what has been said about this NEW truck. Mainly that is what this is, a truck. Not one of those Avalanch looking things with a 2.5' bed! It looks to me like it has a completely seperate cab from the bed of the truck. As far as it being a suburban-ite! I totally agree! But you can take anythig and turn it into anything that you want it to be, we are not in the 50's anymore! There is such a huge aftermarket now and if you cannot find something, or something that will work, you can get things to be made and more than likely they will take the idea and run with it and possible give you the original for exchange for the idea. (at least that is what I would do) I think that if you start with a good looking truck, you can lift it and make it strong enuf of a structure to do all that you want.

Now for the H-2 That thing is crap! If I cannot get the D-Max init and it waighs just as much as a truck, then something is seriously wrong.

For the H-1 that was a good intent on the part of GM, but the militarys spesifications ruined the overall product. Once they made them for civillians they at the end decided to put a better drive train under it to make it a better product for the average person. I dont perticularly like the all independant Suspension, but with the ground clearance and the suspension travel that was achieved it was a great design. If you could get it to flex and get a better power plant in it then the militarys version would be so much better. The thing that really killed the whole thing and made it the worst design for the purpose was when they made them up armored. That added all that weight and they didn't add any more power to pull it. When at the end, they added the Alpha version, they went ahead and put the D-Max in it and added the Allison. In my opinion (Which doesn't weigh that much!) they should have put it in there as soon as they figured out that it was going to be as good of a unit as it turned out to be.

Well, that is all that I have to say, sorry about all of that!