Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Loss of Power (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/loss-power-6284/)

Cvtsax 02-21-2008 04:57 PM

Loss of Power

It seems to me I have a loss of power. When accelerating and when I am at highway speeds 70 + it seems to bog down if I try to punch the gas. I just replaced spark plug wires, pcv valve, and the spark plugs like last fall. Any help would be good thanks

rxsteven 02-21-2008 05:02 PM

RE: Loss of Power

Maybe fuel filter or cat starting to get clogged.

Cvtsax 02-21-2008 05:12 PM

Thefuel filter is pretty new too. I didnt think about the cat though. You think anything else could cause it to do that? Thanks

rxsteven 02-21-2008 06:42 PM

Has it aways been like that or did it just start

Cvtsax 02-21-2008 08:05 PM

It's kinda been like that for a while, the new wires and stuff seemed to help plus I just got my tranny and rear end serviced but it just seems like there should be more there. I also checked the egr valve too and it looked good.

chevy112488 02-21-2008 09:12 PM

what gears do you have? i know a guy with 3.23s and his does that at higher speeds... just wont go

Cvtsax 02-21-2008 09:18 PM

I havent touched the gears on it so whatever stock is. I am not sure havent really looked.

rxsteven 02-21-2008 09:44 PM

My truck dont have much pickup at like 70 I thought it was something in the computer.

Cvtsax 02-21-2008 10:17 PM

Yea I mean it does alot better accelerating now and everything but like at 70 if I push the gas it will go just kinda slow until I really mash the pedal than it will go. Maybe its fine and I am just expecting more. Is there any way I can check on all of it I mean no check engine lights ever come on, should I check the injectors or the coils or will that kick a light on.

rxsteven 02-21-2008 10:24 PM

Im not sure but I think a tune will help. I think it might be some kind of govner or something maybe the torque management

Cvtsax 02-21-2008 11:18 PM

Yea its probably just me....I plan on getting a programmer probably in May or June....should do better then. Thanks for your help man.

jcbst12 02-22-2008 09:37 AM

Clean the MAF & Throttle Body

Cvtsax 02-22-2008 11:17 AM

Yea I need to do that....I was gonna wait until I got my TBS and do it than since I would have it all apart then. Im not really sure I will get it though, I was worried about the clearance with the fan blades, but I might just buy it and if it doesnt work just keep it and then I will have an excuse to get electric fans or something. I do need to clean them though. Thanks man.

chevy112488 02-22-2008 11:47 PM

i think its just a characteristic personally...i never paid attention until today i got on the interstate and set the cruise on seventy, then turned it off and accelerated... it didn't work well until it really kicked into gear...

boosted2003 02-23-2008 10:49 AM

Chances are a combination of a couple things. A)You are just getting used to the power your truck puts out. Over time, you become used to your acceleration rates. When a large mod is made making your vehicle faster, you notice the difference right away. But a month later, it seems to be slowin down again...

More than likely its just B). Having had a Hypertech on my truck once before, I can attest to the definate de-tune of the stock ecu. Above 75mph on my truck, the acceleration rate is slowed down not only by aero, but by the computer. It's to avoid your truck from accelerating at a very rapid rate, then slamming off the governor at 97.

Best way to notice is, from a dead stop, top out your truck. If you have a safe place to do so. You'll notice a night and day difference between the 0-60, and 60-97. Once ya get a programmer, or a tune on your truck, they really wake up and scream all the way to 130...