Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Need to contact factory for parts help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Beginner
Angry Need to contact factory for parts help

I bought a new Silverado 2500 HD less than 2 months ago and while I was on a hunting trip with my son, the rear axle seal started to leak. I had it towed to the nearest dealer and they discovered that the factory had failed to install a part.
The problem is that the dealer needs 3 parts, including a new differential case and that part is shown as discontinued.
GM assistance says that they can't do anything about it but they will call me if and when a case is available from the factory.
It has been over 10 days and I still haven't heard from GM assistance or the dealer that has my truck.
I would like to contact somebody at the factory to see if the parts are available and if I can get the parts shipped to the dealer.

Thanks for any contact information you might have,
Ron L.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:48 AM
Beginner

Odd that they forgot to install a part. Sounds like the wrong part was installed. I'm see four different differential cases. So, contact them again and tell them you will have to elevate your complaint. Ask who they refer to. Offer that you may have to contact local tv investigators. Or social media like twitter or facebook. To see if your part is available, google gm parts on line. Several dealers are there and sell to the public. If you can get it off them, it's available. Discontinued parts are usually renumbered. And all this on a new truck? Geez.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:52 AM
Beginner
Default Dealer goes the extra mile(s)

Would you believe that the dealer received the parts and are putting my truck together as I type?
While the GM senior advisor didn't know that the dealer had received the parts needed, I contacted them and they informed me that I should get my truck back late Monday. They are even going to deliver it to me. That is going above and beyond since the dealer, Hudson Auto Source, is located in Silverthorne Colorado and I live over an hour away in Arvada, Colorado.

Thanks for the information, I will keep it in mind if and when this happens to me again.

Ron L.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Send a thank you to the zone office about delivering the truck. Competition is really improving some of the services now days. Most of the time, all they hear about are complaints. ATTABOYs are hard to come by.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:07 AM
TMW

Frankly I would have towed it to the dealer I bought it from and demanded a new truck. 10+ days, parts were not installed, parts no longer available on a new truck is all unacceptable. If they refused I would have called the head of chevrolet and raised hell. What's going to fail on your next trip.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by sdshawver
Send a thank you to the zone office about delivering the truck. Competition is really improving some of the services now days. Most of the time, all they hear about are complaints. ATTABOYs are hard to come by.
I live in Arvada Co. How do I find out which zone office to contact and how do I contact them. I went to the Chevrolet web site and they mention zone offices but not how to determine which one I should be dealing with or how to contact them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ron