Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

NEWBS CHECK IN!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Default Checking in.

My Dad gave me his 2006 GMC sierra Hybrid, the truck runs great, 2wd, 30,000 miles with all the maintenance up to date with the exception of filling the washer reservoir and replacing the wipers. I literally have only $97 dollars for tags and 20 bucks for a manual, and 2 tanks of gas into this truck. I am trying to find information specific to the first generation GMC/Chevy hybrid trucks. I am kind of hoping that someone has a website out there. I am not really impressed by the Hybrid portion and would like to no if there is a method for disabling the auto engine stop and start functions. Using the tow/haul button does this but it also causes the transmission to shift differently. Anyway, any help with this truck would be appreciated, it has the 5.3 Vortec engine and as I said, drives like a dream. Edd.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Default New to the site

Howdy all, Checking in from So. Cal OC.
I’m a Chevy lifer. Let’s see , what I can say about my truck. I know

Why my Chevy Truck is better than my wife…

Because She always looks good first thing in the morning

Because She always makes me look good

Because She always makes me smile when I see her in the morning

Because She make me feel good when I’m in side her

And because She gets up and goes when I want her to

Old 03-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Default 1st post

Hello I have an 03 4.8ltr silverado extra cab with cat back exhaust, plugs/wires, cross drilled and slotted rotors, 20's, I ordered an intake today.. I will take a couple pitures tomorrow to post.. Looking to get information on lowering choices and performance programable plug in unit

Adam

Attached Thumbnails  NEWBS CHECK IN!!-100_1202.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Beginner
Default New in NJ

Just joined and just got my first Chevy truck. It is an 01 Silverado, base truck, 4.3 with automatic. Have already gotten some good info from the forums about the truck.

Mike

Old 03-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Cool Newbie In IA (USMC)

Well appearently I'm a slow learner ha. I posted/introduced myself in the "general truck forum" and didn't in the "Chevy" forum..oops. My name is Jay, I'm 26 and a fellow Marine. I drive/own a 99 Silverado ls 4.8 V8 4x4 (Maroon). I will try and post pics soon enough of my baby. I basically joined the sight to get tips and hints from fellow Silverado owners. I plan on taking the next few years and turn it into a show truck or my fiance and I's "date night" vehicle :-).

Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Beginner
Default Howdy all

Just a short hello. I do not have a truck yet but looking for a good reliable piece of equipment. I am here for that reason and to assist my boss in the upkeep of his 02 Suburban. Hope there are gurus here. Ha,
Thanks
ckbrownla

Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 AM

Hey, I just bought a brand new 2011 Sierra 1500 Nevada Edition, and was just looking for people with likewise vehicle interest. I upgraded from a tiny little Hyundai Elantra so I'm still getting used to parking it.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 AM

Just looking for a little help, and I've done quite a bit in the past so I promise no stupid questions...and no repeats.

Well, maybe I can't promise no stupid questions. Thank you for being HERE.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Default Greetings from WI

Hi all,

Thought I would check in with this forum now that I am a proud owner of a 2011 Sierra. Picking it up tomorrow night!

I'm moving up from a 2006 Colorado; with that thing I needed a forum like this on a regular basis to help with all the fixes and problems that thing had. I hope to not need this forum as much for the problems but use it more for the fun stuff!

I don't even have the truck yet and already I've been helped out by searching this forum! Thanks in advance for your help and information.

Here's a pic of it on the dealer's lot right after I test drove it:

Name:  11SierraSmall.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  34.0 KB

Old 03-31-2011, 07:21 PM

ooops sorry didnt see this spot. I came here to see how to keep my old girl going. I have a 2000 gmc 1500 4x4 with the 5.3 It has 248000 miles and is still going. Ihope i can learn some to keep it going.

Quick Reply: NEWBS CHECK IN!!