Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   NEWBS CHECK IN!! (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/newbs-check-7272/)

juddeide 04-16-2013 09:39 PM

93 GMC 2500HD Sierra 4x4 6.5 tdi

Hi, newbie here.
I just bought a 93 2500hd with 4x4 and long bed.
What have I done so far?
r&r windshield
r&r slider
r&r both door hinge pins and strikers
r&r hydroboost
r&r radiatior
r&r idler and pitman arm
r&r front axle actuator
r&r bucket seat with a chevy 60/40 6way adj bench
repair low coolant light

What's left?
Cruise control inop
AC inop
4x4 inop
Brake light on @ 35mph *speed sensor?*

EEEKK!!!! What have I gotten myself into?

keithcampbell1003 06-09-2013 12:22 AM

new and just got a 91 chevy

just want to find out more about what i can do and where to find parts for these trucks. and info will help

MenaceRx 07-26-2013 12:21 PM

Hello all. I'm Alan. I have been an on and off truck guy for a while.

I finally bought my self a truck after being without one for a few years. 2009 Silverado Crew Cab LS, Dark Blue (25U) for 18k used with 18k miles. Toyota dealer just giving it away 2 years ago. Love the truck been great so far. Just looking to see what I can learn here, gather any help I may need on future upgrades, and share any experiences with my truck with others as well.

GM Customer Service 07-26-2013 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by MenaceRx (Post 80836)
Hello all. I'm Alan. I have been an on and off truck guy for a while.

I finally bought my self a truck after being without one for a few years. 2009 Silverado Crew Cab LS, Dark Blue (25U) for 18k used with 18k miles. Toyota dealer just giving it away 2 years ago. Love the truck been great so far. Just looking to see what I can learn here, gather any help I may need on future upgrades, and share any experiences with my truck with others as well.

Hi Alan,

Welcome! Just wanted to let you know that GM Customer Care is on this forum if you ever need our assistance. We are only a private message away!

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

MenaceRx 07-27-2013 02:21 AM

Thank you. I will keep that in mind Jennifer.

MikeSC78 03-04-2014 03:48 PM

Hi

My name is Michael. I have a 2003 GMC Sierra Ext Cab which I have owned since 2006. I love this site because I find people that have experienced or knowledge of the different things that I have dealt with in my truck. Some of the best advice is from fellow Sierra owners!

Bochim 04-07-2014 08:51 AM

New Guy

Hello from New Mexico,
Bought 2ed GMC this past spring. First one was a new '93. This one is a used 2006 GMC Z71. Bought it with 103000 miles, now has 132000. Pulls 4500 lbs quite well. Very pleased with truck, great gas mileage. Perhaps now I can post on forum.
Bochim

MP_Camper 10-30-2014 07:19 PM

Noob Researching next truck

I actually live in NYC at the moment - but will be back home in Jacksonville FL next year where I intend to re-enter the world of pick-up truck ownership.

I'm eyeballing the new generation of Canyon/Colorado that's on the way.

I used a '92 Nissan 2wd to tote a little fishing boat in FL before moving north years ago - and I hope to tow a 19' center console with the new one.

Started a thread regarding the towing capacities of the new GM mid-sizers - hope some of you folks have the scoop.

Thanx for having me. :)

Slime 04-05-2015 10:17 AM

1996 Silverado 3/4 Ton LB EC 2WD

Hey, thanks for the add. Currently own a 1996 2 wheel drive, long bed, extra cab 5.7 that will now be my daily driver since my car just ate the throw out bearing. Yes, it's big and long but that's what I wanted...even 2 WD. Life situations have made it not as practical as it was and I kinda wish it was a 4x4 diesel so it would be more functional. Anyway, I'm glad I kept it and that fuel prices are below $2 a gallon for regular here in Tennessee outside of Knoxville. My mother still has my fathers truck too. It is a 1965 Chevy LB Fleetside 2wd. 3 on the tree with a factory 283 with a 4:56 rear gear and under 100k miles. It's been in my family since new. We purchased it from my dads dad who had purchased it from my dads cousin. When we brought it home about 30 years ago, I drove it from Indiana to Tennessee. Man, was that painful! Anyway, thanks, glad I found this!

GMCSierraFan 04-05-2015 10:43 AM

Welcome to the site!