Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   ok so maybe my tbi injectors are bad (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/ok-so-maybe-my-tbi-injectors-bad-16995/)

cubpak89 07-06-2011 05:09 PM

ok so maybe my tbi injectors are bad

i got real mad yesterday when my truck died so i popped off the air filter housing
and i started my truck

i watched the fuel coming out of the tbi and i noticed that it looked like someone flinging paint everywhere not a nice even flow
so i dumped some injector cleaner in it and checked again today after work same thing
i know that eventually injectors go bad no matter what you do to clean them out
is the spray sposed to look like a nice even cone shape or a steady flow

if it is my injectors i wll have to wait as they are very expensive
any one have a clue as to how the spray is sposed to look
and again my fuel pressure is normal to the filter and tbi

Wiked 07-06-2011 05:25 PM

If im not mistaken its supposed to be in a cone in a somewhat mist

cubpak89 07-06-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wiked (Post 69041)
If im not mistaken its supposed to be in a cone in a somewhat mist

thanks that was what i was thinking but wasnt sure
so i guess i know what im doing this weekend
any ideas of a good brand to go with for the injectors
as i dont wanna be spending money down the drain in a month or so

Wiked 07-06-2011 05:38 PM

I always went with Bosch but they are a bit pricey but they are good quality along with their plugs (which work great)

but there is a product that you bolt to your fuel line that actually cleans your injectors. Ill see if i can find that for you

cubpak89 07-06-2011 05:41 PM

cool thanks ive been shelling out 4 dollars a week for injector cleaner so anything that i can use more then once would be great and i think i will go with bosch as that parts company has allways been good ive never had a part from them go bad yet

and after the mechanical problems are debuged its body work time on the beast so ill try to take pictures as i go along

Wiked 07-06-2011 05:43 PM

cubpak89 07-06-2011 05:48 PM

thanks theres only one problem thow i dont have fuel rails i have an tbi with inlet on the back to supply the tbi with fuel
but im sure they make a kit for it

Wiked 07-06-2011 05:51 PM

Hmmmm

that is a problem lol...lemme go search again (but that product works really good)

Wiked 07-06-2011 05:56 PM

If i read a couple sources right seafoam should do the trick.....

I have no clue where to put it on your engine but alot of places said to do it in the brake booster which is where i put it

cubpak89 07-06-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wiked (Post 69053)
If i read a couple sources right seafoam should do the trick.....

I have no clue where to put it on your engine but alot of places said to do it in the brake booster which is where i put it

you can put it in your gas tank or run it thru your booster line like you said
and i do have a bottle of seafoam so i can try it later i just dont have much gas left after today
or pcv valve or any vacum line that goes to the tbi