Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

rusting gmc 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Beginner
Default rusting gmc 2011

2011 gmc sierra 64000k on it and its rusting bad ,no help from GM or the dealership!!

Attached Thumbnails rusting gmc 2011-img_0860.jpg   rusting gmc 2011-img_0901.jpg   rusting gmc 2011-img_0898.jpg   rusting gmc 2011-img_0909.jpg   rusting gmc 2011-img_0908.jpg  

Old 06-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Are these pictures concentrated to one area of the truck?
The reason I ask, I was wondering if that is from a body shop repair.. Wondering if the truck was once in a fender bender.

My 2007 Silverado is just starting to rust bad. I live in northern Ontario. Home of heavy road salt
I've managed to fend of the rust cancer by oil spraying my truck every fall since I got it. Last year I missed one oil spray and the rust accelerated. I'll do the rust repairs then continue the yearly oil sprays to slow the rust down.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Beginner
Default rust

no, it was never at the body shop ,got got the truck new and it was rusting the day i got it ,both sides of the truck and they have giving me the run around on day one ,they said it was normal wear. the bumper in the front was replaced two times because of rust and the back one time ,and the rims to.

Attached Thumbnails rusting gmc 2011-img_0906.jpg   rusting gmc 2011-img_0903.jpg   rusting gmc 2011-img_0863.jpg  
Old 06-30-2015, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Dealerships have this tactic of trying to wear you down until you give up and go away.
Keep after them, visit them, call them. Eventually you will wear them down and they will give you what you want.

Oh by the way. Mention "social media" social media being automotive forums like this, or twitter and facebook. Dealerships are beginning to learn that happy customers are their best advertising, but it also works the other way. An unhappy customer can contribute to a bad reputation for a dealership by talking about their bad experience at a particular dealership

Old 07-08-2015, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by cudmeca
2011 gmc sierra 64000k on it and its rusting bad ,no help from GM or the dealership!!
Hey cudmeca,

I’m extremely sorry to see that you are experiencing this rust concern with your Sierra. I can totally imagine how frustrating this must be. Since it sounds like you have interacted with our Customer Care team before, I would be happy to investigate this situation a little further. However, I’m unable to promise a different outcome. Could you please private message me with your VIN, case number (if provided) and the name of your involved dealership? I look forward to you reply.

Kind regards,

Shane M.
GM Customer Care

Old 07-08-2015, 07:00 PM

oh great, Gm customer service is here. don't turn this into a warranty complaint forum like the chevrolet fourm.... that site is absolutely wrecked.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Beginner
Default rust

dear GMcare, the truck was purchase at LACHAPELLE in gatineau Quebec and i went there about 20 times and they said its to bad nothing they can do ,is normal wear! (they got the money now and dont give a **** ) G.M.C. jennifer said take pictures and send them ,and after about 3 months of calls ,said they can not help ! and now the pictures are posted on the internet you are going to try to help me ? what a joke G.M.C. I think i got the rust package instead of the chrome package . the case # 11165183 and good luck bud!!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Administrator

I know nobody from GM is gonna tell you this nor anybody from the dealership. Since I don't work for a dealership anymore I wouldn't hesitate to tell anybody this little secret.
Getting angry and using colorful language isn't gonna get you results, if anything it is going to put you last on the list.
It's amazing how helpful some people will be if you are nice, no matter how serious the situation.
I understand it is there job to help you, but they are human and all people, even in the customer service industry still needs to be treated respectfully.
Be nice, and you will be treated nice too.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by In2Trux
I know nobody from GM is gonna tell you this nor anybody from the dealership. Since I don't work for a dealership anymore I wouldn't hesitate to tell anybody this little secret.
Getting angry and using colorful language isn't gonna get you results, if anything it is going to put you last on the list.
It's amazing how helpful some people will be if you are nice, no matter how serious the situation.
I understand it is there job to help you, but they are human and all people, even in the customer service industry still needs to be treated respectfully.
Be nice, and you will be treated nice too.
Really good advice, Glen. I managed a customer service organization before I retired. It can be a thankless job but very satisfying to be able to help folks. If you keep the communication on a person to person level, you generally get better results. The GM reps that sign on here inject themselves into a problem voluntarily so I assume they really want to help. From what I've seen about this problem, it clearly needs to be addressed by GM. Even living in a corrosive environment should not cause a truck to rust like this one has. The truck apparently missed the anti-corrosive dip or something. I would take the problem to the highest level, you have a valid beef, but still keep it the communication professional and personable. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.
Slim

Old 07-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Beginner
Default rust

Thanks for the advise boys .and for the follow up on the case . dealer and GM care said there is nothing they are going to do (case closed) they said live with .

Quick Reply: rusting gmc 2011