Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Service Engine Soon Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Default Service Engine Soon Light

My light has been on for two days now.....today it went off for probably an hour and a half than Istarted it up and was leaving town and it came back on. I have made sure everything is tight on the intake and recheck the bolts for the TB. O2 sensors are both calling too lean. Plus, sometimes I get a little rough idle. This all came after installing the TBS. Please help me. Thanks guys

Old 03-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Default RE: Service Engine Soon Light

You have a leak between your TBS and your intake, OR you need to realighn your throttle linkage and kick down cables with those spacer things they give you. They should be taught but not too tight.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:24 PM

Are we refering the kickdown cable to be the same as the cruise control cable. How do I make sure they are adjusted correctly. I put the spacers on and bolted the bracket on but didn't really mess with the cables just screwed the cruise control cable back in and looped the throttle cable around . Is there more than that too it?

Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 PM
TruckForum Addict

Did you mount it in the right direction?

I'd take it off just to make sure it's mounted correctly and make sure the mating surfaces are clear of debris. You didn't use RTV did you? You don't want to.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 PM

I just mounted my TBS where the Transdapt sticker on the top was facing forward where I can read it.RTV???? I used the gasket that they sent with the spacer. Is that what you mean?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:22 PM
TruckForum Addict

Sounds right. I know the gasket and spacer on mine had all of these funky channels and stuff where airflow was being directed so I was curios if you installed the gasket correctly as well. Did you recheck to make sure your Mass Air Flow sensor is hooked up? Double check that, double check all of your hose connections, and take the throttle body and spacer off and double check that nothing is obstructing the air ways.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:27 PM

try cleaning your mass airflow sensor

Old 03-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Yea I am going to do all of that today. I am going to take it all back apart and pretty much start all over. I will make sure gasket is good and make sure everything is on right. I am also going to clean the MAF Sensor. Hopefully that does it. I will post later to let you guys know. Thanks everyone!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:59 PM

Are we refering the kickdown cable to be the same as the cruise control cable.
Yeah sorry brain fart! Thats what I meant.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:16 PM

Ok Cool .....I redid everything today. Took everything apart, realigned, I had everything on correctly. I also cleaned my MAF Sensor and tightened everything down. I had the battery unhooked during it. The last few times I have tried to reset the computer, it won't reset. I had it off for and hour and a half the other day and again today for probably about the same amount of time and when I start the truck back up the Service Engine soon light is still on.Is there any other way to do it??? I don't understand why its not doing it??

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon Light