Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Sierra Denali A/C Seats. Do I have to have them recharged?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Beginner
Default Sierra Denali A/C Seats. Do I have to have them recharged?

My driver seat AC system feels weak. Doesnt get cold like it used to. My Central A/C in the truck works fine though. Making me think they are two separate systems for the central climate control and the individual seats.

If that is the case. Can I recharge them my self or do I need to take it to GMC to have that done?

Old 07-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Administrator

I hope that Nullhead jumps in as he works at a dealer, but my impression of the system is that "AC seats" is actually wrong and they are realistically "ventilated seats".

That would point me in the direction of the fan/ fans, and maybe they aren't working at the higher speeds?

I'm sorry, but this is really all I can help

Old 07-17-2016, 09:39 PM
TruckForum Addict

hah yeah GMCSierrafan, you've got me figured out lol.

But yeah, they're ventilated with little blower fans in them. Worst case is that the little blower tubes in the seat cushion are blocked, but hopefully it's just that there might be something going wrong with the blower motor. Those are easy to service. Just lives under the seat towards the back.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:07 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the information guys. Ok that changes my expectation for them. So they actually circulate the cabin air then and pull the standing heat out. So as the interior coolw down so will the air coming through the seat.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Beginner

I started by checking the fuses. Once I swapped the fuses out for the cooled seats things seemed to work better. Though I am not entirely sure why when there were no burns or breaks on the fuse or filament inside of the case

Old 07-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Administrator

The smaller fuses are something that I replace when I do spark plugs... They're very cheap and I suspect that they are less reliable/more prone to blow/malfunction when they get older. Granted, your truck is fairly new

Old 07-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Beginner

Thanks again for the info. My truck is sitting at 86k miles right now and I am an early preventive maintenance guy. So I plan to do a tune up around 90 to 95, and the belts.

New brakes, new tires already on it.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Off topic, but how long did your stock tires last? Assuming they're bridgestones?

Old 07-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Beginner

The tires were actually the Goodyear Eagle LS2. Not a bad tire at all, soft though and wear fairly quickly from what I observed. Though I wouldnt buy them again because Goodyear doesnt provide mileage warrantys on that tire. Just workmanship. Which has a really broad terms for claims. So I looked at Cooper, Bridgestone, Michelin, and Hancook. For my daily use of the truck I didnt feel $1200 tires were really needed.

The previous owner didnt change them out uniformly so I did that after about 20k miles on them. I swapped out all 4 for a set of Cooper Discover HT Plus.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Administrator

OK. I was curious as I'm at 60k miles and still have over 50% tread on the original tires

Quick Reply: Sierra Denali A/C Seats. Do I have to have them recharged?