Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Default Subwoofer

I looked at the audio/video forum and the posts there are like a year old, so im going to post here.

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado, 2 door, short bed.
Im looking for anyone who has pictures/experiance with audio systems for trucks like mine, where I do not have room behind the driver/passanger seats for subs.There is a place between the driver and passanger seat maybe10 inches wide where I thinkI can fit 1 sub in, I dont want to make all the cars around me shake, i just want at least 1 10" sub in the cab.
If you have any pictures or a site that focuses on things like this, ide appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help,
- Ben

Old 01-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Default RE: Subwoofer

"car stereo plus"
1233 164th St SW Suite A Lynnwood, WA 98037
425-742-7080 Fax 425-742-9660

smoke20 talked to them awhile back, saidtheytreated him good.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:25 PM

With such little space I would suggest looking a JL Audio. They have a lot of products to choose from and also have a high reputation in the audio industry.Theypack a punch with any sub they sell and have prefab. stealth boxes specificlly designed for small spaces. http://www.jlaudio.com/ For a good 10in sub look at there 10w3v2's.

Don't forget that you need room for the amp and that an aftermarket deck helps out a lot.

Have you considered replacing your stock speakers and running an amp to them. This might give you the bass you want without needinga sub all together.

I used to install stereo systems for my friends if you have any questions let me know andif I don't know I shouldn'thave a problem finding out for you.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:45 PM

I have found that Alpine is the best sub out there. You can get a Type E for very little money. I myself have an alpine type S 12in. I thumps great, but more importantly sounds great. Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, sony,and MTX are gana be your best subs for the price. Check out crutchfield.com, and sonicelectronics.com. Crutchfield offers great help and info on products, but is priced about the same a local stereo shop. Sonicelectronics.com offers great prices and pictures, but less info. Also you will def. need an amp. These are pretty high priced, but you can find them cheap at sonicelectronics. Becareful shopping for amps that arent good or that are really cheap. I did this the first time, and it cost me. I had to buy a new amp after just about three days, because I went with a cheapy. Good amps are pioneer, audiobahn, some poweracustik, blaupunkt, alpine, kicker, kenwood, rockford fosgate, and sony.Look for amps that put out the same amount or less RMS power than the sub can handle. My sub handles 300 RMS watts, and my ampputs outabout270 or so.Just to stay safe. dontwant to blow either up too fast.Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:34 AM

It really depends on what you are looking for. JL audio makes good equipment as well as rockford fosgate and their entry like subs make great base for fill and occasion big boom. I like the stealth boxes, but they are too expensive. They probably do have a box that will fit behind you seat but you are looking @ $500. Too much for me for 1 sub. The guys at car stereo plus were very helpful and knowledgeable, but expensive on these boxes since they "only carry the best". I would look at building a custom box if I were you. If you check your local shop thy may be able to build one cheap, especially if they are a small company.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:00 PM

ive got a 1990 silverado 2-door and put a 500 watt Rockford-Fosgate sub with a 600 watt amp. Just the right thump for inside the cab listening. I put the sub in a truck box which is ultra thin for using behind the seat, the seat still can slide completely back (from Best Buy) and the amp is fastened to the rear cab wall. Could get ya a pic if you wanted. Hope this helps.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:46 AM

I appreciate eveyones help, Ill check into all this and get back to everyone when I figure out what im going to do. My girlfriends dad owns a huge company that does interior/exterior molding and wood work, Im thinking he could make me a box for free...just need to know the dimensions and everything.
Again thanks and I will get back with you all when I finish

Old 01-07-2007, 06:22 PM

I would suggest looking in to ether pioneer preimer shollow subs or kole. there really bad u can get 2 of them behind our seat they dont need that much box space to be badd!