Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Still knockin and it sucks (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/still-knockin-sucks-3922/)

superddd 07-29-2007 08:39 AM

Still knockin and it sucks

OK - I had autozone read the code and it said I had a bad knock sensor. Had a shop replace both sensors because I didn't have time. Engine light came on again later that day and had it read again. Says I'm still knockin and that I have low voltage coming from the sensors. Called the shop and the dude told me that the motor was probably knockin cause I'm still on factory wires and plugs. Did a tune up yesterday minus the fuel filter and reset the engine light (unhooked bat for a couple hours). Sure enough - still came on.

What do I do now???? Do I need to take it in for the injectors? Could it be bad gas? Please help!?!?!?

Thanks.

Argon 07-29-2007 10:25 AM

RE: Still knockin and it sucks

did the shop diagnose it?..if so,they need to fix it.

If you diagnosed it,and just told them to replace em..well..

Anyway...did they replace both?
did they replace any rusted connectors?

Do they have experience in this area..sounds like they don't...cuz it would be knocking its ass off to set a code.

of course,a cheapie part from autozone could be bad....but I'd bet on a ****ty connector..
Also..if you drop a new knock sensor on concrete,its ruined....hopefully autozone does not know that.

superddd 07-29-2007 12:45 PM

They're autozone sensors and I had them both replaced at a local shop that usually does good work. One was a rusty piece of crap and the other looked OK but I had them replace them both. I don't know about connectors or anything like that. The motor is running fine - in fact I could feel a bit of a differece from the new plugs and wires yesterday. I don't know about the connectors.
Thanks.

Argon 07-29-2007 12:56 PM

The rear sensor gets crusty...if it were really corroded,it needs a new pigtail connector...then silicone around the boot to keep water out of it..

racethisz71 07-29-2007 08:42 PM

maybe the knock seonsor is picking up detanation is the truck pinging or making any noise

superddd 07-29-2007 10:28 PM

Thats what the dude at the shop told me and said I should give it a tune-up. It would ping a little on heavy pulls or when it was on the floor at higher RPM - but I put it on the floor from a dead stop yesterday after plugs/wires and it wouldn't ping at all. It actually felt a little stronger than before. The trucks running perfect from what I can tell. I'm guessing I probably got jacked up on the new sensors.

Argon 07-30-2007 06:05 AM

its probably the connector..if 1 was crusty and the same connector was put back