Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   stock 03 silverado beating a stock brand new 07 silverado (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/stock-03-silverado-beating-stock-brand-new-07-silverado-3099/)

SC_Chevy_Lover 04-26-2007 06:54 PM

RE: stock 03 silverado beating a stock brand new 07 silverado

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Popo, I think you should say the hell with it and put a big block in your truck! 502ci would be great!:D

smoke20 04-26-2007 07:05 PM

Maybe we could steal 2 of SC_CHEVYs cylinders for you bowtie. He will never know.

SC_Chevy_Lover 04-26-2007 07:29 PM

HELL NO!! I'll tell you what popo, I'll give one of my cylinders that way we will both be running on 7.[sm=gears.gif]

smoke20 04-26-2007 07:33 PM

Hey popo, I need you to move up here to help me get out of a ticket. Evidently 81 in a 65 is illegal, who'd a thunk it. And evidently my truck goes from 55-81 in about 2 sec. I got stuck behind some idiot hanging out in the left hand lane and when I ot a chance to get around him, I floored it and there was the cop.

hunt4game29 04-26-2007 11:47 PM

That sucks smoke did they stick you with a ticket? If so i hope it did not stall any of your plans.

smoke20 04-26-2007 11:59 PM

As of yet I have the ticket. It is funny though, 2 years ago I got a ticket from the same department, and it was $85, then the department got investigated for jacking up the tickets by $10. They made over a million in 1 year off this. Then once they were told that it was illegal to change the price like they did, the price dropped to $76. But no refunds were given, they just kept the money.

hunt4game29 04-27-2007 12:05 AM

That sucks. You could of got your TBS that really sucks.

popo 04-27-2007 12:06 AM

Tickets suck, I haven't written one in about 7 months. the minimum, price for a moving violation in Alachua county, Florida is 130 bucks!!! As for getting out of the tickect, you're kinda screwed. but if you have a decent driving record, I would reccomend that you contest the ticket in court.
Here is the catch, don't fight it though. In fact complement the officer in open court and tell the judge that he was very professional, even if he was a D@#$ head.
Then tell the judge you want to plea no contest.
Next ask the judge to with hold adjudication.
9 times out of ten if you wern't an ass to the guy on the side of the road and you have a clean driving record you can get the points with held from your liscense and only have to pay the fine.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is only a good way to go if your state assess points with a ticket, you have a good driving record, and you were civil to the cop during the stop. keep in mind that judges operate on their own discrection and do take in to consideration how you are dressed and your attitude! Good Luck!

*I can not be held responsible for any negative outcomes based on your actions or the actions of others (the judge). please do not place me in the Blowtie category should you happen to lose in court. The but heads will tell you that you can be fined up to an adittional 500 bucks but this is just to keep you out of court. I only saw that happen once and that was because the chick was going 100 in a 60 with a baby on her lap.

God Speed.

smoke20 04-27-2007 12:14 AM

Thanks popo. I take care of alot of these guys in my office, and hook them up with free **** all the time. I have not taken care of this guy, but I told him who I was and where I worked and asked if he could help me out. He said "please talk to me before court", so hopefully he can cut me a brake. They have really cracked down on that stuff here so maybe not. I pray that it all turns out good. I would hate for my ins. to go up. Oh yeah - we do have points in our state.