Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   subwoofer in sierra (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/subwoofer-sierra-2665/)

freebird581bd 02-23-2007 05:44 PM

subwoofer in sierra

Has anyone put a subwoofer in their Sierra. I am looking to put a sub in my truck but I don't want to give up my rear seat. Wanted to know if anyone has been able to put one under their seat.

03TEXASEDITION 02-23-2007 07:17 PM

RE: subwoofer in sierra

There shouldn't be any problem throwing one under the back seat. But I would stick with a 10' sub just for the hell of it. I have some friends that have trown a 12' but the 10's do the trick just as good. lookin for a good sub go with the jl audio 10w3v2.

MrLM7 02-26-2007 07:47 AM

I forget who, but someone makes an enclosure that goes under your back seat. Looks factory. Check Crutchfield.

benpfeil 04-07-2007 03:08 AM

Check with your local audio shop. They should have one that fits pefectly under the back seat that can fit 2 10's or 2 12's in. Price rang aournd $150 or $175. That is for a mdf box that is carpeted. You can get ones that are made of plastic with amps prebuilt into them but they are much more. I'm very pleased with mine.

SC_Chevy_Lover 04-08-2007 01:45 AM

One thing is for certain with speaker boxes, you get what you pay for!

Smejk 08-18-2007 07:24 PM

I'm sure you already did everything, but for future post checkers, there is a box out there called the armadillo box or somethin' like that. You can get it to fit either 10's or 12's, one or two speakers. My brother got one for his 12 and it fits completely under the seatno loss of footspace.

mindfrost82 08-19-2007 10:59 AM

Would it be possible to add it to the factory radio? I have an '04 Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab w/ the 6 disc changer and Bose system. I just want a little more bass out of it so I'm not looking for anything fancy.

Smejk 08-19-2007 11:15 AM

Man, I am a self proclaimed idiot when it comes to audio installation. Maybe someone else on the forum would know. I mean I replaced my factory deck with a pioneer deck so I could connect my Ipod and control it through the remote included with the deck. But when it comes to setting up a good system that will oout some bass... I just take it into the shop. Or, check the forums to get the skinny first.

argomez75 09-05-2007 12:01 PM

You should be able to hook it up to the factory radio. Almost all new vehicles come with rca and remote plug ins on the back of stereo. The only way will be to pull out the stereo and check it out.

03gmcjw 12-30-2007 08:48 PM

i got a 12 under my seat any audio place can do it they just build long box that fits under back seat...simple....