Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

95 Silverado AC help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Default 95 Silverado AC help

95 Silverado A/C Help

I noticed my AC over a period of a few months last season getting warmer and warmer, and it finally quit. Today I went and got a couple cans of r134, jumped the low pressure switch and added about 2.5 cans roughly 2lbs as the label on the drier calls for. Now when I hooked the low pressure pigtail back up to the switch.....Nothing. If I jump the switch its colder than a witches....well you know.

Is there any way to test the switch or just replace it without releasing all the r134?? I really dont want to spend another $30+ on more along with a new switch.

Another possible problem is It wouldnt take the last .5 a can. Is this normal or possibly another problem.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

You can change the switch without losing the freon - there is a schrader valve behind it so it will just give a slight psssst when removed. Obviously try to remove it quickly. You probably had some freon left, but the last little bit can take a while to go in depending on a few factors. Change that switch and enjoy.