Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

A few questions????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Default A few questions????

1) What would cause the rear of the truck to start bouncing when i apply pressure to the brakes. It doesn't do it all the time and i have had the brakes inspected. Unless they lied to me they are okay. Is there anything else?

2) What are the best suggestions on custom tunes? What are the best things to modify?

3) For the heated seats, does the inside or outside temp have to be a certain degree for them to come on?

I have an 05 Chevy Crewcab LT Z71, if any one could answer these questions it would be a great help.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: A few questions????

all heated seats ive ever seen on gm vehicles have a button near the window/door lock switches on the door... and the main thing i'd do on a custom tune is make sure to at least reduce if not eliminate torque management... other than that its a lot like a handheld programmer from what i understand, just adjusting shift points and firmness and rev limiters and speed and a few extra hp

Old 09-09-2007, 08:46 PM

1) Bouncing may be shocks...or I guess it could be a bad leaf spring as well. Is it on paved road when it happens?

2) Depends on what you want your truck to do...

3)I don't know about the 05' but earlier models weren't affected by either temp, when they're on they are on...

Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
TruckForum Addict

I wonder if maybe one of your rear brakes is locking up or clamping a lot harder than the other. That might cuase that. I'd take a look at the rotors myself and see if there are any hot spots on them or any other obvious damage like warps or tiny cracks.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:54 AM

i thought in 04 they switched back to drums on the rears. either way it sounds like the rear brakes are worn.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 AM

Thanks for the replies...It does happen on a paved road, so i will get a second opinion on the brakes and i believe they did switch to drums on the rear. As far as the tune I am just wanting better preformance, and the tune is the first of the mods i am going to do along with exhaust.The reason i ask about the heated seats is that my 4 year old was playing with the buttons and i noticed they were not turning on and the temp was 88, so i waiting until this morning and the temp was 75 and they work fine...anyways thanks for the help as always...

Old 09-10-2007, 06:55 AM

If you have drums on the back, they might appear to be fine, the shoes and springs and all can look perfect, but the drums might be warped. All you have to do is get them cut if they aren't that bad. Worst case senerio, they need replaced. My 91' did that for awhile and it wasn't until I got the drums cut that it went away. Second thing is the modifications. For best results, buy an intake, possibly a throttle body spacer and get a programmer or tune of somekind. Then once you get the exhaust, you truck will really run.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:40 AM

For the brakes, I agree with drums, and yes to 05' do have rear drums. With the seat heater, there is not temp limit. In fact after working out some times, the next day I will run the seat heater to relax my back on the way to work. As far as mods, do intake , spacer, exhaust, free mods forst, then tune. The tune will be adjusted for other mods you have done like CAI, etc. So unless you have it done locally and can go by and get it adjusted, then wait till other mods are done.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:57 AM

I know they come on fine when it's hot. I test drove one in June that had heated seats and whoever was in the vehicle before had left the system on. I was driving down the road in 80+ degree temperature and I kept wondering why my *** and back was so hot. Sure it was leather interior, but come on. Took me about five minutes and sweating buckets to realize that A) the truck even HAD heated seats, and B) how to turn them off [I kept looking for a control on the side of the seat].