Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   train horns decideing weather to put them back on my truck (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/train-horns-decideing-weather-put-them-back-my-truck-15936/)

cubpak89 02-25-2011 11:45 PM

train horns decideing weather to put them back on my truck

im makeing a decision weather to put my air horns on my truck after i took them off my crown victoria 05 p71 i had them on my car in luisianna after being ther only 2 month out of my year stat there cuz i would constantly be cut off almost get head on or people pulling out in front of me and people at stop lights who wait till it turns green then red then green again now that im back home in iowa and im driving my truck more and more even with the gas being 3.15 a gallon here. well anyway im from the country and dont go to the city much but when i do i seem to have the same problem i did in luisianna only its more of people not going on green and people pulling out in front of me while im driving my truck. so now i have to make a decision to put em on my truck i no that there illegal and can cause accidents but seriously i have almost been in more wrecks cuz people dont here my stick wussy horn so i think im gonna do it but not sure when. so how many people think that they are a good idea and how many people think its a bad idea

Worf 02-26-2011 04:41 AM

I have a set on my truck, I am very happy with them. And by the way here gas is 3.69

Mr_Shamrock 02-26-2011 08:10 AM

Leave them off. There is no need and I assure you they will not prevent an accident - if anything you are going to cause people to panic. Concentrate on driving defensively/safely not scaring people with an obnoxious horn. Sorry Worf, those things were real popular in South Florida where I am from and I have seen fights break out over them. I had a friend with them and he thought it was hilarious to pull up into my shop when I had my back turned and blow them. It was funny the first time, but it got to the point where I had to "ask" him not to stop by anymore.

Worf 02-26-2011 03:50 PM

I hear yeah you shamrock...you do kind of have to be a smartass to have them in the first place.

Raevsky97 02-26-2011 04:53 PM

your gonna have to drain the tank if u dont get a water trap and your lines might freeze up or crack with the cold without the water trap...there fairly inexpensive about 10-30 dollars depending on brand but id go with a cheap one since its just some horns...does your horns havea tank or straight from compressor?

cubpak89 02-26-2011 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Raevsky97 (Post 64757)
your gonna have to drain the tank if u dont get a water trap and your lines might freeze up or crack with the cold without the water trap...there fairly inexpensive about 10-30 dollars depending on brand but id go with a cheap one since its just some horns...does your horns havea tank or straight from compressor?

yeah its got a drain petcock on it got it from an old military trailor with air brakes i just gotta figure out how and where im gonna mount them in my truck cuz i got a single cab

GMCSierraFan 02-27-2011 08:20 PM

Personally, I don't see the point... I don't think I've purposely used my horn since I bought the truck.

Kept bumping it when I was rewiring the ignition switch though.

Mr_Shamrock 02-27-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by GMCSierraFan (Post 64799)
Personally, I don't see the point... I don't think I've purposely used my horn since I bought the truck.

Kept bumping it when I was rewiring the ignition switch though.

Me too, although the other day when some fag was texting his boyfriend while driving beside me and he came within a few inches of me without even realizing what he did I would have loved to have something to get his attention. Something that would inflict vast amounts of pain would work better than a train horn though. It was literally the first time I can remember blowing my horn. I am sick and tired of seeing folks texting and driving!!!! OK rant over - carry on.

cubpak89 02-28-2011 01:13 PM

thanks for the input guys ill jsut keep em off cuz i have relized they cause trouble thanks

xxxM!sF!Txxx 03-18-2011 11:45 PM

Hmmm

I been wanting a train horn for a while for the same reason you're having...I live in LA....so....Trust me, I know how you feel.. I guess If I were you, I would consider the penalty for having/using one if you were to get caught since they are illegal..Do you know the law in your area for this? :eek: