Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/dodge-ram-1500-forum-8/)
-   -   Nuts hanging from the under-carriage (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/dodge-ram-1500-forum-8/nuts-hanging-under-carriage-16344/)

GMC2011 04-12-2011 08:58 AM

Nuts hanging from the under-carriage

Is there a reason Dodge owners (primarily) hang a set of nuts from the undercarriage of their trucks? I am seeing this more and more than ever and 9 out of 10 trucks I see with this are Dodge...I also seem to see a lot of smoke stacks on these pickups.

As a Dodge owner, can you tell me the reasoning? My brother in law has a Ram with nuts and he can't give me a valid reason other than "it's a Dodge thing"...WTF?

In2Trux 04-12-2011 09:19 AM

GOOD QUESTION but I don't think it isolated to specifically Dodges. We have way too many Chevs with them.

I saw a youtube vid were these guys killed a Chev truck and after the truck wouldn't move any more the cut the danglers off with a pair of side cuts and held them in the air... LAME

Mr_Shamrock 04-12-2011 01:53 PM

They want to seem tough when in reality it says "look how stupid I am - I will give my money away for some fake nuts". It amazes me everyday what people will buy. A lot of people around here have those stupid looking fake fender vents. They put them on pieces of crap and I always think the same thing - You could have spent your money on anything and that is what you chose?!?!?!?!

GMC2011 04-12-2011 02:07 PM

I was thinking of hanging a set of cow utters under my Sierra and painting it black and white....

These dudes with nuts have no idea how dam dumb they look....same with the stacks...

kay9 04-12-2011 04:06 PM

Saw a 2nd Gen with one hanging pretty close to the ground. :eek:

GMC2011 04-12-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by kay9 (Post 66282)
Saw a 2nd Gen with one hanging pretty close to the ground. :eek:

You know, what prompted me to start this thread was the one I saw the other day. I was following a very new Ram and noticed the nuts hangin but thought it was different than the others I had seen. When we got stopped at the traffic light I got a close look, here the guy had a caucassion set with green lines running through them and what appeared to be a dark wig wrapped around it...you talk about going the extra mile! Unbelievable.....I'm still laughing!

GMC2011 04-15-2011 03:16 PM

Ok, I saw two different dodges today with a sack hanging....alright, if you have a set of nuts swinging from underneath your rig raise your hand....will anyone admit to it?

GMC2011 04-30-2011 06:50 PM

Sorry to keep beating this horse but dag gum it, I keep seeing dodge rams with nuts and smoke stacks...what the he11 is it with dodge owners?? My neighbor, who is a dodge freak had a family gathering today and all the guys in his family are die hard dodge guys. All but one, ONE truck had a sack hanging and two of them had dual stacks...it was friggin pathetic looking!

Silverick 04-30-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by GMC2011 (Post 66852)
Sorry to keep beating this horse but dag gum it, I keep seeing dodge rams with nuts and smoke stacks...what the he11 is it with dodge owners?? My neighbor, who is a dodge freak had a family gathering today and all the guys in his family are die hard dodge guys. All but one, ONE truck had a sack hanging and two of them had dual stacks...it was friggin pathetic looking!

I drive a lowered Chevy pickup (without anything hanging), I have a '70 Pontiac Formula 400 4 speed/12 bolt but, I also own a classic late '60s Mopar (car) and I am.... a Mopar guy!

Mopar guys are, well?, a little different from the rest! lol
I can't explain it, and it's not a bad thing but, they're just a bit different! :confused:

I can only imagine your neighborhood "Dodge Freaks", their gathering and yes, I have the picture! Mopar Guys! lol :eek:

You have to understand is that "Mopar Guys" are totally cool with who they are and nothing will change that! :cool:

I'm having a bit of fun with your post but, everything that I have stated is fact! Just ask any Mopar Guy! :rolleyes:

GMC2011 05-01-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silverick (Post 66862)
I drive a lowered Chevy pickup (without anything hanging), I have a '70 Pontiac Formula 400 4 speed/12 bolt but, I also own a classic late '60s Mopar (car) and I am.... a Mopar guy!

Mopar guys are, well?, a little different from the rest! lol
I can't explain it, and it's not a bad thing but, they're just a bit different! :confused:

I can only imagine your neighborhood "Dodge Freaks", their gathering and yes, I have the picture! Mopar Guys! lol :eek:

You have to understand is that "Mopar Guys" are totally cool with who they are and nothing will change that! :cool:

I'm having a bit of fun with your post but, everything that I have stated is fact! Just ask any Mopar Guy! :rolleyes:

I understand the mopar thing. I do...what I don't understand is how someone actually thinks hanging a sack under their truck doesn't make them look like a total clown.

And as for the smoke stacks...WTF is this look trying to accomplish? On a pickup?? This shows that you are nothing more than a wannabe trucker.

I've seen some guys ruin nice trucks installing this crap.