Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum Discuss the Dodge Ram and Ram 1500 here.

OK, I'm about to commit blasphemy, I know... but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Default OK, I'm about to commit blasphemy, I know... but...

I have two nice Ford Explorer bucket seats. I also have a 93 Ram with a bench seat in dire need of replacing.

Here's the question. How difficult would it be to put the bucket seats in the Ram? If it's just drilling a couple holes for bolts, that's cool. If there's more to it,or not, let me know?

Also, used, slightly worn and torn Ram bench seat for sale in the south florida area

Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 PM

safety first... and all that bull****.

All seats can be modified (in one way or another) to fit. But, be sure to tie the bolts into a support under the vehicle. Use large, thick, washers in replacement, and some common sense goes a long way.

Other than that... it's your car. Be safe, be bolted in, and be faster than the other ones.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I would compare floor pans to see if they will bolt down without too much hassle. If they are both flat then it should be an easy swap, but like already mentioned, make sure you either bolt them through a thick part of the floor like the originals or get the largest washers you can find to support the floor around the mounting location. You don't want that seat coming undone or the floor cracking. Especially if the seats you are going to use have the seat belts built in. Good luck...oh by the way "Nice Ford Explorer Seats" I didn't realize such a creature existed. Just kidding...be safe!!!