Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Dodge/ Ram General Tech (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/dodge-ram-general-tech-36/)
-   -   Should I buy this truck? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/dodge-ram-general-tech-36/should-i-buy-truck-16222/)

Iceman777 03-27-2011 02:16 PM

Should I buy this truck?

Ok, so I am looking at getting a truck. I did a lot of surfing on Craigslist and I found this one. I went and looked at it. The owner took care of it and the body and interior is in VERY nice shape. It only has 84,000 miles. Some minor flaws are... that one of the pipes is only being hanged by wire, but he has the broken mount and said it should be an easy fix or just buy a new one. It has about a 4-6 inch crack on the left side of the windshield. The hazard lights don't work. The front hood grill just needs a new screw so It isn't loose. The major thing that concerns me is that the ABS/brake light are on in the dash, but he said he just put on new brake pads, and rotors and he isn't sure why. Other than that the truck is really nice, their is NO rust. Sorry for the long post but this is a big purchase for me. What do you guys think?

This is his add:
Lifted Dodge

Thanks for the help!

In2Trux 03-27-2011 03:27 PM

Sharp lookin truck... Sounds like your already sold on it.. LOL Myself: I like to do my own mods. and not buy somebody else mods. This way you know they're done right.

I would try and talk him down more... Nice for you the work is done already.. You just need to ad your own TLC. to the obvious work and the stuff you can't see. Did he motion why he is sell it after doing all that work?

Iceman777 03-27-2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by In2Trux (Post 65763)
Sharp lookin truck... Sounds like your already sold on it.. LOL Myself: I like to do my own mods. and not buy somebody else mods. This way you know they're done right.

I would try and talk him down more... Nice for you the work is done already.. You just need to ad your own TLC. to the obvious work and the stuff you can't see. Did he motion why he is sell it after doing all that work?

He said he is selling because he wants a dirtbike and a sports car. Would $9500 be a fair price?

Thanks

GMCSierraFan 03-27-2011 05:08 PM

I have to agree with the above poster... I'm always leery of modified vehicles just because 99% of the time it's done "on a budget".

Worf 03-27-2011 05:13 PM

I agree with what my buddy above said. it is a nice looking truck though

Iceman777 03-27-2011 06:19 PM

What do you guys think of this truck?

1998 Silverado Lifted

GMCSierraFan 03-27-2011 06:45 PM

Overpriced. I've got mine at $7500 and it's a 3/4 ton HD which are impossible to find around here.

A stock half ton like that wouldn't bring $6k in my area. On the plus side, it seems like all of the upgrades on that truck were cosmetic and judging by the pictures and the area it's in, it seems like the person who owns it would be the kind of person that will pay a professional to do the work on it.

In2Trux 03-27-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Iceman777 (Post 65784)
What do you guys think of this truck?

1998 Silverado Lifted

$7900 too much for a good 1998
From what you are showing us... I'm guessing you want to buy (already modified) You don't want to do it yourself.
Guys that do the mods are almost always trying to recoup their modification costs. You can never get your money back.