Ford F-150 Forum Discuss the Ford F-150 here.

help me with my truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Default help me with my truck

my neighbor just recently got a new truck so he is giving me his 1994 f 150 xlt --- it hassome rust but i am only 14 and have a limited access to power tools. He says it needs new leaf springs in the rear and mounting brackets. The brackets have factory rivets in it so i have to grind it off and the put on new mounts. Does anybody know how i can do this easily? Also i need to get new gas tanks for it. They both leak. Can anyone help out on a website that has parts leanin towards the inexpensive side?

Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Default RE: help me with my truck

Brief Introduction OfThe Company
HuBei ChengLi Special Automobile Co.,Ltd,which is appointed by the Development and Alteration Committee of China ,is a famous manufacturer producting all kinds of special trucks for virescence, entironment cleanniess, oil, government and half-hitching pressure container. Labels registered include CLW and SNJ. Our company has juche export potence, and has a mount of clients overseas. Our leading varieties include more than 100 types of trucks such as Water truck,Fecal sucktion truck,Garbage truck,Refuse compactor,Sewage sucktion truck,Fuel tank,High-altitude operation truck,Truck with crane,Dump truck,Instructional truck,Van truck, Semi-trailer,Fire engine,Spares,Refrigerator truck,Water wagon,Tractor, High-altitude water truck,Bulk cement truck,Chemical liquid truck,Concrete mixer truck,ect.

Our company has solid technology, flawless inspection,advanced equipments, reliant quality and flexible modes of operation. What's more, it has roundly passed the ISO9001-2000 and the 3C(China Compulsory Certification). Series trucks of ChengLi have procured remarkable achievements interiorly , specially from the investment in South Suburb ChengLi Automobile Industry Park.

Our survival is based on the quality and credit standing is the guarantee of our success. We will do as we can that treating customers honestly, managing flexibly, guaranteeing heigh quanity but low price, and keeping heigh efficiency.

We promise that all the products that are adapted and sold by us can get SanBao warranty services for one year and enjoy maintenance for a life. What's more, after service can be dealt with in 48 hours.

ChengLi Special Automobile Limited Company is located on the native place of ShenLong, the hometown of BianZhong in SuiZhou City, HuBei Province. Its distance to WuHan is 186 kilometres and to SanXia is 330 kilometres ,and the traffic is very convenient. We warmly welcome new and old friends to visit our company. What's more, we can send the trucks to you by an amenable fax or prepaying partial payment. If you draw the trucks from our company, we can do the driving procedure for you.

HuBei ChengLi Special Automobile Limited Company is willing to serve for you, and is looking forward to your coming to visit our company.

We will provide the best service fou you.

Copyright 2006-2007 HuBei ChengLi Special Automobile Co.,Ltd. All rights reserved.

Kevin[/i]
HuBei ChengLi Special Automobile Co., Ltd[/i]
TEL:086-027-87868721[/i]
Email: [/i]truckclwh03@hotmail.com[/i]Add:South Suburb ChengLi Automobile Industry Park,SuiZhou City,HuBei Province,China.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:51 PM
TruckForum Addict

What the hell was that???

Old 07-06-2007, 08:53 AM

good question..some chinese thing? The rivits on the truck arent too bad, I had a 1994 ranger and had to do the same thing, just grind the heads off or if you can get a compressor use an air chisel. Once the heads are off get a big hammer with a punch and beat the snot out of em til they fall out or if you have the air chisel use a punch atachment for it, its much easier. Make sure yo take the springs out before doing this its easier that way. As for parts, look around online or you can go to an autoparts store or if all else fails go to a ford dealer. I dont remember exactly but im pretty sure the job cost me about $300 for brackets and bolts, not sure about the spring cost. Good luck

Old 07-08-2007, 07:34 PM

This the Twilight zone???

Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 PM
TruckForum Addict

And fords suck!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 02:36 AM

lol yes, but if you do choose to do all this, look into lmctruck.com offer alot of parts for diff makes and models for a decent price, that is if you dont mind doing major fixes all the time.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: 1994f150

my neighbor just recently got a new truck so he is giving me his 1994 f 150 xlt --- it has some rust but i am only 14 and have a limited access to power tools. He says it needs new leaf springs in the rear and mounting brackets. The brackets have factory rivets in it so i have to grind it off and the put on new mounts. Does anybody know how i can do this easily? Also i need to get new gas tanks for it. They both leak. Can anyone help out on a website that has parts leanin towards the inexpensive side?

Well depending on how big the rivets are i would say drill them out, but for oem parts i would say www.partstrain.com hope that helps.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:31 PM

If its a major fix,better leave it to proffessionals.I think a search will help you find good quality Ford Truck accessories out there.