Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Ford F-150 Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/ford-f-150-forum-16/)
-   -   How can I get Better Gas Mileage on my f-150 ? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/ford-f-150-forum-16/how-can-i-get-better-gas-mileage-my-f-150-a-4430/)

twind 09-07-2007 12:27 AM

How can I get Better Gas Mileage on my f-150 ?

Hi
How can I get Better Gas Mileage on my f-150 ? It's a 2007 and the gas is killing me. Do gas-saving gadgets such as applying magnets to the fuel line, modifying air intakes work? or is there a chip that saves gas?

[align=left] [/align]

72charger 09-09-2007 03:53 PM

RE: How can I get Better Gas Mileage on my f-150 ?

If you wanna get better gas mileage, get exhaust, intake and a programmer. That'll help mileage a little bit and also make it more fun to drive.

hunt4game29 09-14-2007 04:28 PM

Like 72charger said get a set of dual exhaust, cold air intake, a set of headers can help and also look at so kinda programmer. I did most of this and i have bigger tires then stock and get 19 miles per gallon and that was before the reprogram should be getting a little better now.

RUTT13 10-03-2007 08:44 AM

Once again I'm showin' up late to the dance, but yah, what they said. Don't wast your time on those stupid "tornado" thingies 'er nuthin. That's what throttle-body spacers are for.

muddyblaze 10-07-2007 08:07 AM

Like everybody else I am a big fan of swappin the exhaust. As long as the aftermarket exhaust is more efficent it will help not only in the power department but also gas mileage. Alot of guys will go to a larger single setup but I to recommend the split rear dual (split into dual after the muffler -single in / dual out). Now the muffler you go with isn't gonna make a big difference, its all a matter of sound preference - ones might be louder than the other. The piping should be 2.5" (imo). Some go bigger (like 3")but if your just doing for a little extra power but mainly gas mileage 2.5" is fine.If your state allows you could do a high flow cat, if not just stick with the cat-back. Now for the CAI there are a ton of companies that make intakes for your truck. K&N as well as companies likeVolant just to name a few. You can search them online or pick up a copy of a truck mag. Last but not least is a programmer now as far as this goes its all preference alot of people have alot of opinions about which one is better. Most provide a wide range of features and benefits but some offer on things that they don't deliver, I know from experience. Another good point to look for is can the programmer store the factory tune. From what I here, I don't know how true it is but there are some states starting to scan for an aftermarket tune when the vehicle is taken for inspection. This meanswhen you have to get inspected plug the tuner in an reboot the factory tune do your inspection then change it back again, all in under five mins.

dpower 11-27-2007 09:49 PM

I have a 2007 MK-LT (F-150) and did a CAt Back with K&N CAI. The mistake was the FlashPaq 1815 programmer. There is much talk on the FlashPaq forum about it NOT adding performance when used with any CAI. My truck was a real whimp until I restored the program to stock. Read the FlashPaq F-150 forum to decide for yourself.

dpower 11-28-2007 07:51 PM

This is the latest email from Superchip's tech support. The question I ask to get this reply was: When does your company expect to have the CAI files for the F-150 1815 programmer?
They have been saying for over a year that one would be ready in a few weeks. The replies on the subject started in October '06. I don't know about a Dodge programmer, but you can see how their Technical Support replies to questions they don't like to hear.

(I replaced the Superchip programmer with an Edge product, but still want the files to make the SC programmer that cost over $400 to workso I can sell it.)

"I thought you bought a Edge product.
Why are you pestering us then?"

TECHNICAL SUPPORT
WEB-MONITOR
SENIOR TECH
Ron Rapp
rrapp@superchips.com
1-888-227-2447 ex.7019
Superchips Inc.
1790 E.Airport BLVD.
Sanford, Florida 32773

fordtruckguy31 12-22-2007 10:42 PM

i think i saw a topic about gas mileage in the f150 forum on www.fordtruckspace.com you might want to check there too

i say do an intake and exhaust

Erick271 12-30-2020 08:09 AM

I use 5w-20 oil for ford f150. I has significantly improved my fuel mileage especially using Amazon Basics synthetic oil. Given that I only use my truck from house to my work for daily use, I had saved on fuel costs. I myself was researching on how can I improve gas mileage and came to realize that oil contributes to fuel efficiency. There's this article on this site Auto Truck Accessories I read about the 5 best oil for fordf150.

NioMarvin83 03-23-2021 04:06 AM

Hello it's funny but this simple things told me my friend from motor trader - check out “hypermiling” and use some of those principals. Use cruise control after getting to speed quickly but not aggressive. Maintain momentum through turns as much as possible. Don’t speed to a light, learn the patterns and know when you can coast to the light. Or tint your windows, find shade, easy on the accelerating, idling is literally getting you 0 miles per gallon but unavoidable during the summer months))