Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motors Concepts & Rumors (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/general-motors-concepts-rumors-20/)
-   -   Duramax shortbed (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/general-motors-concepts-rumors-20/duramax-shortbed-2821/)

NastyFusion 03-18-2007 07:19 PM

Duramax shortbed

ive heard of a duramax being in a half ton in 08. and it would be sweet if it was an option to have a short bed or step side.

Regal105 05-21-2007 10:56 AM

RE: Duramax shortbed

amazing a short bed stepside with the massive power of the duramax the thing would be lethal on the street

muddyblaze 10-10-2007 12:01 PM

That would be awesome, my friend has an 063500 HDwith the Duramaxit hasover 1,400 ft.lbs. of torque. He works construction and he has used it to pull old farm houses down after they have be stripped of furnature and antique stuff that can be preserved. I helped with building most of the truck it has a 6.6L LBZ engine that was rebuild using the best parts money can buy and it has an Aurora 5000 turbo as the small turbo that feedsa larger turbo (I don't remember the size but its massive). It has an upgraded Allison trans and converter. It has other parts but I don't have time to list them all.No the truck is not on any website and hasn't been in any magazine. Hes not that kind of guy he built it for himself and only himself. The truck is a daily driver that is tuned down for street duty but when at the push of a buttom pure hell is unleashed. He built the truck entirelywith parts of ebay and a few shops in our area. Truck has over 20,000 miles on it since the build and still drives like new and has regular maintence to ensure years of enjoyment.

Chevyalltheway 12-20-2007 03:43 PM

The rumor is true. GMC is in the process of creating a 4.4 liter small block duramax for their half ton pickup trucks. Some plant in New York is being or been converted towards making this truck

x3no 01-17-2008 09:26 PM

any word on the possible release date? That kind of truck sounds like it will be great for power and good on fuel economy.

Chevyalltheway 01-28-2008 04:20 PM

Alright, I got your info for ya.

For the 1/2 ton Sierra Silverado and Hummer H2 made after 2009, there will be a 4.5 liter duramax availible. Even with it's small size, you will be getting 310 hp and 520, thats right 520 ft lbs of torque!!!!! Tell me thats not bada$$ right there:). Benefits include 25% greater fuel economy, and come on, its a diesel,who doesn't likethe sound of those bad boys. This engine will not be developed with Isuzu even though it shares the duramax name. Will be developed at Tonawanda NY.

Even better,this engine is so small, it can fit in the pocketmark of any of the previous gas engines, so those of ya'll with a prime time mudder or a dieing 350, I suggest you save your money for anothercouple years and getone of these suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5798/3D960D6CDC53481AA69518D485DA6603.jpg[/IMG]

delta 01-09-2011 02:20 AM

The truck is not on any website and hasn't been in any magazine. Hes not that kind of guy he built it for himself and only himself. The truck is a daily driver that is tuned down for street duty but when at the push of a bottom pure hell is unleashed.
________
AngelxFace

pitbull8151 03-09-2011 04:49 PM

I would love to see a Duramax in a 1/2 ton. I am not sure about using a different company to design the engine being as the one they have now is awesome.

AND....if they price it where they can get some on the road instead of car lots!!!

GMCSierraFan 03-09-2011 05:24 PM

I wish, unfortunately, all three of the big truck companies have canned their half ton diesel development due to the economy.

Also, Isuzu was the developer of the current 6.6 Duramax as well