Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motors Concepts & Rumors (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/general-motors-concepts-rumors-20/)
-   -   FAST COLORADO (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/general-motors-concepts-rumors-20/fast-colorado-2852/)

quick02 10-05-2007 12:01 PM

RE: FAST COLORADO

And I guess the 00's is the muscle truck one, fun war so far.

1fast4x4 10-05-2007 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: quick02

Not just trucks, but cars also! Just look at what chevy did with the vette- Z06! Along with GTO's and alot of other big displacement motors that still get over 20mpg and run in the 11-13sec quarter range. I love this, but i'm sure theEPA will end our fun soon with rediculous mpg minimun ratings that will put a end to all of this!

quick02 10-06-2007 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: 1fast4x4

Not just trucks, but cars also! Just look at what chevy did with the vette- Z06! Along with GTO's and alot of other big displacement motors that still get over 20mpg and run in the 11-13sec quarter range. I love this, but i'm sure theEPA will end our fun soon with rediculous mpg minimun ratings that will put a end to all of this!
Well lets hope not lol! Modern technology is giving us engines that allow us to push this much power and still be street legal. But you're right it's kinda like a power revolution.

99Silverado40 10-17-2007 06:27 PM

Actually the new lightnings are faster than the older ones. Compare a 99 lightning to a new one the hp difference is very significant. The 99 only had 360 hp stock and the new ones have over 400 hp stock. But if they do make a factory fast Chevy truck I hope it is a full size.

quick02 10-18-2007 02:20 PM

Chevy needs to get their nose out of the corvettes ass for starters. Company is too afraid to let other vehicles they have shine for fear of stepping on the vetts toes. The Dodge Dakota with the 5.7 is damn mean, so is the lighting, etc... Hell the vette is probably part of the reason the Trans am and Camaro we're killed off in 02. I want to see a power house Colorado, and that SS concept with a 427, single cab and short box. Good to know about the new lighting's, I have right around the same power as a 99 but the newer ones got me by about 40 horses it looks like :(

1fast4x4 10-18-2007 06:12 PM

Chevy needs to get their nose out of the corvettes ass for starters. Company is too afraid to let other vehicles they have shine for fear of stepping on the vetts toes. The Dodge Dakota with the 5.7 is damn mean, so is the lighting, etc... Hell the vette is probably part of the reason the Trans am and Camaro we're killed off in 02. I want to see a power house Colorado, and that SS concept with a 427, single cab and short box. Good to know about the new lighting's, I have right around the same power as a 99 but the newer ones got me by about 40 horses it looks like :(
I've been told the new Camaro will have vette power, but will cost more than a vette! So who'll be able to afford one? The camaro was a pony car that was to compete with the mustang for performance and price. Guess that will be out of the question unless you get a camaro with some basic V-8 in it. Hell even a top of the line stang, either a cobra or a Saleen or a Roush stage3 are all 10's of thousands less than a vette, or a new Camaro? I'm interested to see the new Challenger myself! Now, hopefully trucks will get this extra attention also as they can see there is a demand for it! If only Dodge put the viper power in a 4X4!

Cracker 11-06-2007 09:18 PM

The new camaro has the same output as your GTO for ~$30,000. Of course first year production demand will drive the price up.
Z06 - I am sorry to say, Iwas disapointed. Not in thier power, but, Z06 was originally for big blocks only....Mmmmm......427/496/502.....I had visions of these motors with current technology in the vettes.
5.9 Dakota was a joke. My 305 toyota hung with them all day and only ran high 15's in the quarter hookin'.
Dodge is the one with the retail price challenge. The Challenger has it's own platform and unique suspension.....the cost of developement of these two items alone is hurting prodjected retail prices.

jeg1 04-20-2008 11:42 AM

You can order a colorado with the 5.3 this summer,intake and exhaust easy 350hp, it should blow a turdra into the weeds.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...735&type=0

delta 01-09-2011 02:17 AM

I don't know what the HP was but also they are a 4.4l......

Thanks!
________
Volcano vaporizer