Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motors Concepts & Rumors (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/general-motors-concepts-rumors-20/)
-   -   ? Yukon XXL ? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/general-motors-concepts-rumors-20/yukon-xxl-291/)

rgparis 06-02-2005 02:28 PM

? Yukon XXL ?

I am trying to verify something that I read in a magazine in a doctors office this winter (2005). No I dont have a clue wich magazine. I spoke to some of the guys I go 4 wheeling with and two had heard of it too. One of them said he say it on an AutoWeek TV show.

If you have any "proof" please let me know. The local dealer thinks I would be the "only man in America that would want one" and when I said I would order one went through a whole spiel about GMC would already have them in training if it was going exist.

Looking to "prove" this:

GMC is to make a Yukon XXL as a real "Work Truck"
[ul]
[Basically a "1-ton truck" (Call it a Sierra 5000 but as a Yukon XL)]
[Roughly 3 feet longer than the Yukon XL ]
[4x4]
[25% more braking capacity]
[another seat available in the rear]
[with dual rear end]
[diesel]
[towing capacity of roughly 20,000 pounds]
[/ul]

Why Do I Want One?
- I own a Yukon XL now and as a truck it tows great. Even through the hills and mountains of New England but tow a large power boat on a trailer and come down the mountain, it can get "tense". Give me that extra 25% braking !!

- My wife is comfortable driving the Yukon XL I have now. So its a easy sell vs. convincing her we need a pickup truck like the Sierra.

- Towing capacity is rougly 20% better than the Sierra 3500HD giving me the ability to tow large trailerable power and sailboats.

Patrick 06-02-2005 06:04 PM

RE: ? Yukon XXL ?

i have never heard of it, but have you checked with GM's webpage? also, check Motor trends "rumors and concepts" section.

rgparis 06-03-2005 01:11 PM

I went to the AutoWeek site and found this:

CAR NEWS
GM approves six-door Chevrolet Suburban
Published Date: 3/30/00
GM brass have approved a six-door Chevrolet Suburban. The two extra doors will be small, like pickup truck extended-cab doors, opening ``suicide' style, and they fit between the current rear doors and the Suburban's rear wheel wells.The Suburban will be lengthened, probably falling just short of the Ford Excursion's 226.7-inch overall length, says our well-placed source. If GMC gets a version of it, it might be named Yukon XXXL. No kidding. But when? Up to two years from now. GM truck operations has a full plate of GMT800s, the Silverado/Sierra-based truck line. Also coming up are the Cadillac pickup/SUV, based on the Avalanche; the new Denali; the Denali XL (an uplevel-trimmed Yukon XL); and the next-generation Escalade.They can't all roll out at once. And then there's Alfa Romeo's version of the GMT800. Just kidding, this time.We hope.

I copied this in so that everybody can read it. It officially belongs to AutoWeek and I give them full credit for it and anyone who wants to see the original can go there: Auto Week Six Door Suburban

Patrick 06-04-2005 12:42 AM

wow..that thing sounds massive!

delta 01-09-2011 02:23 AM

The local dealer thinks I would be the "only man in America that would want one" and when I said I would order one went through a whole spiel about GMC would already have them in training if it was going exist.
________
Water Bong