New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Had an 04 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Default Had an 04 silverado

About me. I had an 04 silverado with every option you can imagine. Paid way too much money for it, and it had problem after problem. GM is sooo great...not. anyway, after the regular problems, rearend at 25k miles, cracked heads (from their great quality suppliers) and so on. I decided to take my 10k loss and get rid of it.

I traded it for a german car. I love my new car, but quickly figured out that i needed a truck again. So i was on the search for a beater truck. I wanted to get a toyota but the resale was too high for my beater budget, so i was back looking at GM products and a few fords. All the fords I drove seemed to be lacking in every way I could think and had about a billion miles, so I wasnt surprised they drove bad. Thats when I came across a small car dealer selling a 88 Silverado 2500 with a 350v8 virtually no rust and 72K original miles, interior like new and so on. I offered 1,000 bucks and drove away in it. This truck is a work horse, I love it for the money, its about what i spent a month on my junk 04 silverado. This just leads me to believe that GM products had slipped in quality as i had thought. I then bought a 72' C10 which i have some parts for sale on www.tradestuffup.com if anyone is interested. I got it for the engine, (350) builder for my 87 Caprice that is all custom.

So i parted out the 72 on trade stuff up, and about a week later i found this real nice 67 GMC, and i just couldnt help but buy the thing, not that i needed another project, but there i was driving home that 3 on the tree 67. So now i got the GMC all rat rodded out, still havent finished the caprice, find myself driving the 88 chevy most days to keep the miles off my new car. Here I am. So thats a bit about me! Hope your still awake.

Frank