New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Wisconsin!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Default Hello from Wisconsin!

Hello everyone.

My name is Rick, and I'm a truck-a-holic. (Say "Hi Rick")

About 18 months ago, at the height of gas prices, I shamefully sold my 2001 Chev 2500HD pickup and bought a... welll, um... a car...

Yes, I saved over $250 a month on gas, and yes, I look good in the car.

But it ain't a truck... I miss my baby, miss the ride (yeah, my car rides good, if you like low to the ground), and I miss the ability to haul other cars out of the ditch or make the impromptu trip to the lumberyard or junkyard or any other yard I so desire...

Yes, I'm hooked - always have been since my first truck (95 Chev Z71), and I'm not ashamed to say it. Guess you just can't beat this addiction, so I've decided to embrace it and immerse myself in it.

My new baby should be here in a few short days. My good friend has located a 2006 Chev LTZ crew cab for me, and it's on it's way to the Land of Milk, Cheese and Green and Gold football.

Soon, I'll be sitting 2 feet higher, hauling more crap than ever before, and looking good in a full-boat leather monster from Chevy.

I promise I will not go on the wagon again. I promise to not get jittery when gas hits $4.50 a gallon. And I promise to never not have a pickup in my garage.

Some addictions are best left alone... I'm sure you all understand.

Thank you all for listening. And thanks for a great resource!
Restorick (Rick)